Prologue

EDITED: JULY 9, 2022

___.•°*°•. { ✴ } .•°*°•.___

[2nd POV]

"[Name] Jones! This is the third time I am telling you to start packing your things, now! So quit being lazy and help us, or else, you won't be playing games for two months! The truck will arrive within two days!"

Your mother, Mel Jones, who happens to walk past your door with two tower boxes in her arms and saw you on the bed playing [Nintendo DS/PSP] doing nothing instead of packing your stuff in your soon-to-be former bedroom. You sighed and rolled your eyes in annoyance before getting out of bed and turning off the game after saving points.

"Okay, okay! I hear you, Mom!"

"Don't say I didn't warn you and before you do, grab a box and help me put it downstairs to the living room."

You didn't say anything and went to help your mother by picking one box from the top and following her downstairs to the living room. Once the adult woman has put down the box on the floor then you went to put the box on top of it.

"There, that should do it. Now, do me a favor and go pack your things. Don't make me go up there and repeat myself, understood."

"You're welcome?" You reminded her by giving her a look and shrugging her shoulders.

Mel groans in distress, "Thank you... Now go!"

You grunted before returning to your bedroom and began packing the things that you have in this room inside a few boxes that your parents gave you. As you were being careful not to break stuff while some of them are thrown into the trash because you need or used them anymore. You're still wearing pajamas since this morning but didn't care, you'll change your pajamas into casual clothing later.

You and your family have to pack everything in this house before the removal truck arrived in two days since all of you are going to move away from your soon-to-be old home, Pontiac, Michigan to a new home in Ashland, Oregon. It is very far away to travel throughout the states. After finishing packing your stuff, your room almost became empty-now, all you need is for you to wait for the furniture to be moved by your father and a few employees guys. You don't have the strength to move heavy furniture for such a 14-year-old teenage girl, it will end up hurting your back.

You stretched your back and hears a few satisfying cracking bones inside your flesh. Now that you're almost done and there's nothing else to do, you went back to playing video games by taking a break. A half-hour later, a pre-teen girl made her appearance, she enters your bedroom. She is two years younger than you, she has a pixie cut, dyed-blue hair with a pink firefly hair clip on the right side of her head and freckles on her cheeks.

Your younger sister, Coraline Jones.

"Hey, mom has bought food."

"Okaaay..." You dramatically whined and hopped off the bed, walking out of the bedroom, Please, let it be healthy food."

"At least it's food from the restaurant rather than dad's who almost poison us," Coraline said. You slightly chuckle at her joke yet at the same time sarcastic as the both of you walked downstairs to the kitchen.

You can tell Coraline is pretty upset to move away, especially since she has to leave her two friends at school-they were also pretty upset to see their best friend go. You two are going to exchange to another school in Oregon as new students. Meanwhile, you're the opposite, you honestly don't mind moving away because you don't have friends, just acquaintances. But you do going to miss all the memories you have in the place you're living.

A few days later, it was time to move and the removal truck arrived as the employee guys began to work by placing all the boxes and furniture inside the trunk of the truck. It will take a little while for them to finish and empty the house. Then you and Coraline have returned since they left to see your sister's friends one last time together, you were surprised that they invited you over. After arriving at Pontiac Junior High, you and Coraline have met a surprise goodbye gift for you two.

CORALINE AND [NAME]
GOODBYE!

This makes Coraline cry and hugs her friends while you just say nothing and have no expression, but deep inside, you felt happy about this that they added you to the billboard. So you eventually let out a small smile before accepting the hugs from Coraline's friends and saying their one last goodbye and hoping they could visit each other.

"Coraline! [Name]! Time to go!" Your father, Charlie Jones called from the car.

"Coming!" You two rushed to the car and hopped inside the vehicle.

Charlie reversed the car to the road while the truck follows the vehicle from behind. Coraline looked out the window and spotted her friends waving at her as she waved them back until she no longer sees them in her sight.

This is going to take a very long trip, it'll take like a day or so. You and your family are to find a motel to rest. Your parents didn't have much money to travel by the airport. This is also the reason because of their jobs, your parents are workaholics.

A day later passed after staying at the motel, and you and your family continued on the trip along with the employees. Since you weren't a morning person you went back to sleep in the car, still feeling sleepy until finally, you all arrived in Oregon.

What the girls didn't know, something bizarre is going to happen in your new home.