I'm breaking the habit tonight 22

A/N: Sorry that it took me so long to update. After Post Traumatic I have read tons of super angsty fics and... well since this isn't that angsty anymore I just didn't feel like writing. Of to write 'In My Remains' now though, buahahaha >

Enjoy!

-------

He was happy that there had been a bump in the road making the bus jump and rattle cause it woke him up. The nightmare wasn't worst he had seen but just enough to make him anxious and not wanting to continue sleeping. Rubbing his eyes he pulled the curtain aside and jumped to the floor. Sighing he stopped to listen. Everything was silent except the bus noises and Dave snoring so he grabbed a book and fetched a soda before heading to the couch area back on the bus.

They still had some hours to drive and then sure the whole day before the show so he would try sleeping again when they would be on the destination. After spending so many days together with the guitarist and not playing any shows it was weird to get back on the road. He shook his head and started reading. Concentrating to the story seemed to work and soon he wasn't thinking anymore the dream. The steady humming of the bus eased his nerves and next he wasn't even aware of his surroundings.

"Hey! Do you hear me?", Brad was suddenly in front of him, staring.

"Oh. Sorry, didn't see you. What's up?", he smiled to the groggy guitarist.

Brad shook his head and walked to sit on the couch. "I woke up and you weren't there so I came to seek you. Why are you here?"

"I saw a nightmare and then didn't want to get back to sleeping. Sorry I woke you up too. You can go back. I'll read a while", the drummer nodded.

"Tell me about it?", Brad crawled close to Rob letting his head fall to his lap. It was his new favorite place to be in.

Rob smiled at the act and shifted so that the guitarist was more comfortable. "It was really nothing. Just a silly thing."

"Well it was something if you didn't want to continue the sleep? Robbie...", the guitarist persuaded him.

"Okay....it's really boring but if you insist....", Rob rolled his eyes looking down at the guitarist who was playing with his pajama pant strings just totally casually.

"So I was walking in a forest. Like on a trail that lead to somewhere. I didn't know where I was but I thought that it wouldn't matter since the trail was so clear. I would be somewhere eventually. But suddenly it came totally dark and I could barely see my own feet. It was scary. You know how it goes in your dreams even when in normal life you could rationalize it... Anyway I just walked forward. And then I heard this noise behind me. It was something like a furniture screeching against the floor and a heavily breathing animal.", he stopped and swallowed.

"When I turned around I could easily see yellow glowing eyes but they weren't that close. I panicked and started to run. I didn't know what it was but sure the first instinct was to run and I thought that I could get away. The noise got quieter and quieter and I thought I was safe. But when I stopped and turned to look the eyes were closer, only some feet away. I stumbled on my feet and then the noise came back. Louder, way louder than last time. In the dream I felt like my heart was tearing apart that was how much I panicked. I ran again and then I woke up", he told mumbling the last part.

Brad nodded stopping to think. After a while he sighed. "But are you okay now? That sounds really bad. Like... I don't know. I thought dreams are supposed to be your subconscious like trying to tell you something."

"Yeah. Just couldn't sleep anymore cause the distressing feeling stayed even when I woke up. It isn't even the worst nightmare I have seen. Just... Dunno. Weird", Rob answered letting Brad to pull him down to a kiss.