Without a sense of confidence 21

A/N: Jeeeeez this is fluffy. Sorry, haha!

Enjoy :)

-----

"Any better today?", Brad sat next to the drummer weirded out that he was scrolling something with his phone and not reading a book.

"Dunno. Maybe", Rob muttered not turning his head.

Brad leaned in and kissed his cheek. "Doesn't matter what you think. You know how I feel anyway. I'm here."

"Stop", the other started but couldn't help the smile that was tugging his lip.

"But what are you doing?" Brad collapsed next to him leaning to his shoulder.

"Well, I went to look up the interview. Just... don't know. Maybe I was afraid that the interviewer would have added something else to it", Rob glanced down to him.

"And?", the guitarist arched his brow and tried to read the screen.

Rob shifted slightly and cleared his throat. "The interview was fine, she didn't add anything or so. But the comments in Facebook and Twitter..."

"Babe! You shouldn't read any comments in social media! You know how mean people can be", Brad groaned.

"It's not bad but... It's weird", Rob shook his head.

The guitarist grabbed the phone from Rob's hand to look at the one he was talking about.

"Well look at them! They would be such a cute couple" it said.

"Oh... Uhmmmm... I see. It is weird. But true too. Look at us!", he chuckled scrolling to the photo the interviewer had added. He is so cute. We are, together, he thought.

"But....", Rob sighed and tried to get his phone back.

"No but's. That's just some fan girls talking, totally innocent. Okay? Do you want me to distract your thoughts or...", the guitarist held the phone in his grasp but leaned to trail his hand under Rob's shirt.

But then his hand happened to catch something different from the normal skin and Rob inhaled sharply. He didn't move cause he didn't know how to react. The drummer had frozen completely. He remained silent for a long time before he swallowed and tried to get his words out.

"Uhm... I really don't know what should I do next. Should I apologize and pull my hand off and change the subject? Or.. act like nothing happened? So... Guess I am asking what do you want me to do?", he spoke softly.

"Don't", the drummer answered barely audibly.

He was trying to get used to the feeling. The long slim fingers on the scars that he hadn't forget. Brad stayed completely still waiting the other to continue. Was it 'don't touch' or 'don't move', the guitarist didn't know.

"I.... can't run. I think. Cause it isn't like they are going to disappear", the drummer finally said.

Brad smiled carefully staring at him. "I agree. Do you... want me to stop then?"

"No. Not really...", Rob mumbled still not turning his head.

Brad moved his fingers slowly. The ridges could have been thinner if they had been stitched. They wrinkled weirdly under his finger almost like resisting the touch. But they were softer than he had thought. He watched carefully Rob's face, waiting for signs to tell him to stop but he didn't get any.

"I'm sorry that I... Sure I have seen you naked but never placed my hand on the scars accidentally like that", Brad sighed and pulled his hand away.