17: Frank Help

You thank Ray and go home. Your dad has suitcases packed, so you can assume that he'll be leaving pretty soon.  Maybe even tonight.

"Hey y/n, how was the walk?"

"Pretty great."

"What's that?" He says, pointing to the bag.

"You'll see." You say.

'Note to self: get Dad a present.'

"I love you so much. You'll be okay on your own, right?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine. I'm guessing you'll be leaving pretty soon?"

"I actually have to go right now."

"This early??" You ask, surprised.

"My flight got delayed, so I have to catch a different one. Sorry kiddo."

Aw, it's okay. I'll call you. I mean, we DO have phones."

"True, but are you SURE you'll be okay completely by yourself?"

"I'll be okay, I promise. Besides, I'm never really alone." You say, and he looks confused.

"I have Mom with me. I can always turn on the TV and have a detailed chat."

"Will you let me know if she says anything? You got your ghost seeing abilities from her side of the family."

You hear a whisper.

"When you shop again, don't get the shitty bootleg tide pods. That'll kill y/n's sensitive skin. Get the good ones. I really don't want a repeat of that week."

You repeat her words and he laughs.

"Even as a ghost, she's still my wife. Bye, y/n. Bye Rose." He says her name and that's the first time you learn it.

Rose.

That's a pretty name.

You give him a hug and watch him walk out of the door. 

"I should feed the dogs."

After finishing the simple task, you decide to see how your art is doing on Tumblr.

'50,000 notes'

"Wow. People sure do love Sherlock. Wait......"You notice something.

"Oh mY GOD JACK REBLOGGED IT!!!!" You say, about to die.

"NOODLE!!!!" You say, hugging your pug.

"JACK REBLOGGED MY ART I'M GONNA CRY!!!!!!!"

She just licks your face. The pug is used to your fangirlish outbursts.

"SWEAR TO SHAKE IT UP IF YOU SWEAR TO LISTEN!!!!!!" Your phone screams.

"Hi, welcome to Chili's." You greet the caller.