"Oh" I said bluntly. It wasn't until that came out my mouth that I realized how stupid it made me sound. Who the hell says 'oh' at a time like this? I'm such a fucking idiot god damn. Before allowing myself to say something even more humiliating, I asked her a question that I was in fact very curious about.

"Are you okay?" I narrowed my eyes over to her, viewing her pale face and those rosy cheeks of my Mia. I almost smiled at myself if I wasn't in such a nervous state to do that.

She replied with a faint 'yeah', following along with her own question. "Are you okay?" Mia asked.

"Yeah.. Couldn't be better."

"Is that sarcasm?" furrowing her eyebrows in confusion she gave me her little look she always does.

"What?- No." I shook my head, "No no no. I'm fine, I'm good. Actually, I'm more than good right now." I half spoke honestly.

She briefly stayed quiet until answering with, "Oh?"

I gave her a confused look, wondering if I had said anything wrong until I realized. "No.. no no, Mia no, not like that." I sighed trying to find my way out of this. "What I am meaning to say is that I'm just really glad you're here-with me."

She laughs. That's a good thing, right? With this girl I don't know what's good and what's bad. The two become too blurry to understand.

"Fuck," I breathed out, letting my hand run through my face.

"Calm down, Austin." she tells me, "I'm just messing with you. You're not making any sense anyway." she shrugs and puts a loose strand of her hair behind her ear.

I laughed to myself shaking my head slowly. I knew it was a fake laugh, more like a nervous one though. I had hoped she couldn't tell the difference.

I licked my bottom lip once and breathed steadily. I felt my blood rushing and I couldn't help but feel completely selfish. Not about her making this decision, me being involved and everything, but having myself thinking about this and how it's affecting me when I haven't even seen how she feels towards it. I haven't even taken her thoughts into consideration.

I had decided to finally free myself from the madness going on inside my head. And once I did, everything fell into place.

"C'mon," I montioned my hand for her to come walk beside me. We had just finally gotten out of the car after what felt to be centruies.

"Are you sure you're no one is here..." I didn't have to look at her to see the fear in her eyes, the way her voice shook let me be aware of that.

"Yes. I am sure." I confirmed.

"So no one at all?" curious Mia asked yet once again.

"Nope, no one."

She nodded once, "Okay," She bit the corner of her lip then parted them to speak. "So alone, alone?"

"Mhmm," I hummed.

"So... no Cora or any creepy guy popping out of nowhere or just any one else for that matter?"

I chuckled wondering what the hell was going in that mind of hers. I knew she was paranoid and so was I. But not as much as her.

"No Mia, trust me. It's just you and me here." Taking her hand in mines, letting her know she has me here and that's all I can give her.

She gave me a knowing side smile and that was my cue to go in ahead. Having Mia by my side, I lead the way to the back door leading into the living room to a stairwell all the way to my room. I would be lying if I said I was having doubts in my mind. I mean I hadn't at all before but shit, I couldn't help it now. This could go all wrong in so many ways.