21-I'm Everyone's Type

Start from the beginning

Immediately after saying this we both burst out laughing, I do like hanging out with Nathan he's just great to be around.

Olivia starts to stir in his arms at our noise levels so we quickly quieten down and Nathan speaks first, now in a much softer voice.

"To answer your question, Olivia was fussing a lot and car rides always calm her down. I needed to get her to sleep and I didn't see the point in going home immediately so I thought I'd check out the models at mum's shoot. Girls can't resist a cute baby," he tells me, smirking at the end.

I roll my eyes at him. "Of course you'd say that, all you Kings are the same."

He pulls Olivia close to his chest as he can't put his hand there. "You wound me, Ari, you really do," he gasps.

I, again, roll my eyes but this time a small smile plays on my lips. "Whatever. And to answer your question your mum asked me to fill in for one of her models who's sick," I tell him.

He does a double take when I say this and almost drops Olivia, the sleeping baby completely oblivious to her dopey father.

"Huh," he starts, "so I guess you're one of the models I'm supposed to be checking out. I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to pass, Ari. It's not that you're not attractive because you definitely are—shit, I'm not legally allowed to say that yet so forget I did—but you're a little on the young side, maybe when you turn eighteen."

I shake my head at him but I can't help the flush that covers my cheeks at his compliment.

I ignore the redness as I reply. "Sorry to say this, Nathan, but you're not my type," I lie to him. He is most definitely my type, I don't have one if I'm being honest but he's undeniably gorgeous. I mean, what girl wouldn't be attracted to him?

He looks slightly taken aback but soon recovers and scoffs. "Please, we both know you're lying, I'm everyone's type, no doubt about it," he says with a confirming nod. This guy is a dad ladies and gentlemen.

"I guess we've found the exception," I tease him. Even though he's right, he's everyone's type, I'd never give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

He scoffs again but this time it wakes Olivia. "Shit," he curses, a panicked look on his face. Before I can even offer to help, he has walked off in the opposite direction rocking Olivia in his arms whilst singing to her, it's an adorable sight to behold.

I don't get much of a chance to coo at their adorableness before Wyatt walks up to me. "How does it feel to be a model, green eyes?" He asks with a smirk.

I send him a glare. "You know I'm only doing this because your mum needed help, I feel like I'm going to piss myself," I tell him bluntly.

He makes a grossed out face. "Please don't do that."

I give him a dry look. "Of course I'm not going to. I said I feel like it not that I would."

"Whatever," he scoffs. "But on a more serious note, green eyes, you'll be fine. I know you can do this. You might be one of the shyest people I've ever met who hates the spotlight an infinite amount, heck you don't even want us seen at school together because it would draw attention to you, but that's all the more reason to crush this. Prove to yourself that this is something you can achieve. Grow some balls and do this," he concludes.

I nod at him and smile, my throat suddenly dry from nerves. He smiles back, an actual smile not a smirk and that only makes me smile wider. To an outsider, we'd look like two idiots grinning at each other so I'm glad no one can see this.

Click. Fuck I jinxed it. Luckily it's just Nathan and not an actual photographer.

I turn to look at him and glare but before I can demand for the picture to be deleted someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn to them and find the blonde assistant from earlier who was talking to Camilla. "You're up," she says, motioning to a backdrop with a photographer, Camilla and a few other random people beside it.