People yelled at the man one by one and soon almost everyone there joined in.

The man was flustered and began to panic, he wanted to clear up the misunderstanding.

"N-No- No! You're all wrong, I didn't touch her! I didn't touch her! You all need to believe me!" He stuttered and it was clear to everyone he was panicking so they obviously thought the man was only feeling guilty.

The man saw that so he harshly pointed a finger at Moyu who was standing in front of him looking like an innocent victim, this only steered his temper.

"You slut! How dare you accuse me wrongly just because I rejected you before?! You're just a lowly slut that no one even wants!"

Moyu widened her eyes and inhaled a sharp breath at the same time, she covered her mouth with her shaky hand in disbelief.

The public once again yelled at the man in distaste, to curse and blame an innocent young girl while he was the guilty one was just disgusting. Having people such as the man was simply disgraceful to the society.

The man couldn't take out his anger and he already lost so much face because of the slutty servant so he violently pushed everyone who stood in his way when he clumsily walked away from the place. When he was close to get away from everyone else, he was bumped harshly by someone and before he could look who it was, that person had already disappeared.

The man didn't have time to think when he was suddenly caught by the law enforcement. No matter how much the man screamed out how he was wrongly accused and that he was innocent, they ignored him and brought him to the prison.

The people comforted Moyu before they scattered and went back to their business when they saw everything was solved. It didn't take long before the rumors would spread about how the same man had a loud diarrhea for three days straight and the smell was simply horrible that no one wanted to come near him, even the prisoners would throw up just from the smell.

Moyu, Bin and Lin Xinglan gathered together inside the small storage room, Moyu looked no longer sad but instead, extremely happy and satisfied. She even gave Lin Xinglan a hug which surprised Lin Xinglan because she didn't expect it.

On the other hand, Bin looked gloomy, he wasn't proud over what had happened, because Moyu was harshly rejected, they had ruined another person's life. Yet, when he saw Moyu putting such a happy face, he couldn't help but feel a bit relieved. He confirmed that Moyu looked better when she was happy.

Out of blue, they heard a cough coming from the door. They turned around and saw the steward, they immediately gulped.

"The owner is summoning all of you three." The steward announced but he didn't forget to warn them before he left. "Also, you should prepare yourself, the owner didn't look exactly happy." He showed them his gentle smile but they all knew the meaning behind his smile.

The three of them looked at each other, Bin sighed and just as he had expected, they were found out by the owner.

In the end, the owner scolded them harshly and they knew he was extremely serious the moment he took away their salary of two months. He even told them they were being disgraceful for making unnecessary trouble in the teahouse as if they intentionally looked for a beating. If he ever caught them again, it wouldn't be as easy as taking away each of their two-months-worth salary.

Moyu and Bin became pale, especially Moyu. She didn't think it would turn out like this, she began to feel guilty to have involved others into her business.

Moyu quickly apologized but Lin Xinglan just shrugged, she didn't mind it which made Moyu and Bin confused. Not having able to receive their salary for two months was bad, especially if they urgently needed the money, so they couldn't understand why Lin Xinglan didn't look worried.

Lin Xinglan looked at the both of them before she suddenly threw a brown pouch, you could clearly see that it belonged to a man. Moyu and Bin widened their eyes in shock when they felt how heavy the pouch was.

Lin Xinglan showed them a childish smile before she spoke.

"Hehe, I somehow took that man's pouch when I accidentally bumped into him." She put some emphasis into the word 'accidentally'.

Their eyes shone when they heard Lin Xinglan, Moyu opened the pouch and couldn't take her eyes off from the shiny coins.

"I knew Old Bao would find out so I took the man's pouch just in case we needed it. Though, I didn't expect that the man would have so much money on him."

"Xinglan you..." Bin was surprised she had thought so far.

Moyu became excited and happy, she looked at Lin Xinglan with appreciation.

"Thank you so much, little Xinglan! You just saved me from starvation. But... How did you know the owner would find out?"

Lin Xinglan chuckled softly before she answered Moyu.

"That's simply because the walls have eyes and ears."

Moyu and Bin instantly understood what Lin Xinglan meant and gave her an understanding look.

"Miss Moyu and Mr. Bin can share the money, it should be enough to cover each of you for a month. Don't mind Xinglan, I have enough money left. Besides, Miss Moyu and Mr. Bin need the money more than me to survive, right?"

Lin Xinglan didn't mind because she actually earned three times as much as them so she wasn't short in money, but they didn't know that.

The two older servants were grateful for Lin Xinglan's kindness and promised her that they would pay her back in the future.

When they left, Lin Xinglan was alone, she curled her mouth into a disturbing smirk. She took out her own pouch from her sleeve and opened to look inside. Sure enough, her coins from yesterday have become twice as many.

What Lin Xinglan didn't tell Moyu and Bin was that she had in reality taken half of the money that belonged to the man's pouch.

For making Lin Xinglan help Moyu take her revenge, it was only natural that she would get paid for the efforts she had gone through.

| |─‿‿─)🍵🍵🍵

I have no sense of tempo when I write so I have no idea whether I'm being too fast or slow with the story.
I decided to make the chapters longer though, with at least a bit less than a thousand extra words.

But anyways, the ML will soon appear again! Probably in the next chapter or the one after the next chapter.