Chapter One

*Picture Of Jessica Richardson ----------------------------------->

IT'S ALL BEING RE-WRITTEN, THE OLD STORY IS COMPLETLY GONE. ENJOY THE MUCH BETTER, REVISED VERSION.

“Come on!” I yelped as I darted around the corner. The bullet just missed me as the man came running around the corner. Did they want to stop me or kill me?

“Jessica Richardson, come on out! We have you surrounded.” He sounded like a cop, but he was the farthest thing from law enforcement.

“And if I don’t?” I asked, coming out from the shadows. I counted four guns trained on me, and rolled my eyes. Carter wouldn’t let them kill me; I knew he needed me too much to do that.

“I don’t want to hurt you Jessica, but I won’t hesitate to shoot. Place your arms on your head.” Again with the cop things! Who knew gang members watched CSI?

“How about I walk away safely, and you four go die in a ditch!” I snapped at them, flipping them off.

“She’s trying to piss you off, don’t get distracted.” One of them commanded. I laughed, and walked closer to the group.

“A distraction? Who, me? Now why would a lady like myself want to distract you boys?” I reached into my pocket, very slowly. I only had one shot at this. My hand circled around the dollar store firecracker as they approached me. I was so glad Tasmanian Devils didn’t need a lighter.

“Carter doesn’t want to hurt you anymore than we do. Just stay still, we don’t have to shoot.” I flashed a bright smile and yanked the string on the firecracker down, throwing it at the men. I then turned on my heel and sprinted away.

“Suckers.” I snickered as the men yelled from behind me, as I slid into a nearby café. An old lady smiled at me from behind the counter.

“Welcome to Luella’s, what would you like dearie?” My eyes scanned the menu.

“I would like a small black coffee and a chocolate doughnut please.” I heard the door open and made eye contact with one of Carter’s goons. The man walked up to me and placed a hand on my shoulder roughly.

“And I’ll have a coffee with two milks and one sugar.” I raised my eyebrow as the lady busied herself getting the drinks.

“Thanks for paying.” I smiled brightly, skipping off to a booth. They couldn’t take me in here; they would cause a scene.

“Why are you so difficult?” One of the men asked, pulling up a chair. He was young, but not as young as I was.

“Does Carter really expect me to just come to him willingly? Besides, this is way more fun, and I get a doughnut out of it. You all should just give up on me, you will never catch me.” The goon sat next to me in the booth, handing me my drink and food.

“Smells heavenly. Anyone want a bite?” They all shook their heads. I grinned as they all gave me frustrated looks.

“So what are your names? You all know mine, so I should know yours.” I wrapped my hands around the mug, and took a sip. I hadn’t had coffee since my sixteenth birthday two years ago.

“Damien, Jeremiah, Jack and I’m Jonathon.” The man who got my coffee said.

“Now that I know your names, it’s going to be harder for me to do this.” They all looked confused as I stood up on my booth.

“I AM LEAVING THE BLOOD BROTHERS GANG, JONATHON.” I screamed. “YOU HAVE KEPT ME CAPTIVE FOR THREE YEARS, AND I CAN’T TAKE IT ANYMORE. MY NAME IS KELLY SMITH, AND I AM THE MISSING GIRL FROM THE PAPERS.” They all lunged for me as I jumped off the table. The other people in the café looked terrified at my blatant lie. Kelly Smith had died two years ago, by Carter’s hands.