Chapter Twelve

I sat on the plane, leaning on Caroline's shoulder as we landed. We were on Cole's private jet, and I was currently handcuffed to a seat.

"Caroline, I'm scared. What's Carter going to do with me?" I whispered.

"At least you're going to see Mason again." She suggested.

"What if Carter doesn't let me see you guys ever again?" Jason placed an arm around my shoulder, un-cuffing me. The seatbelt sign was clicked off, and I stood, cracking my muscles. 

"Thank god." I heard Cole mutter from in front of us. "Okay, here's how it's going to go. We are meeting Carter on the tarmac. Jason, you watch her with your life. And for god's sake Jess, don't do anything stupid." I glared at the gang leader as I walked into the aisle. 

"Enjoy your last few minutes alive Cole. Carter's going to kill you the second he can, and I won't be able to spare your life this time." Cole just laughed at me as he pushed me forward. 

"Somebody sounds desperate to save their sorry little ass. Now walk." I stumbled down the steps as I heard someone calling my name. 

"Oh my god, Mason?" I asked, running towards him. He hugged me tightly as I smiled. It was really him. 

"Jess, I missed you so much." He whispered. "I haven't seen you in months." Mason kissed my forehead and I sighed. 

"Hello Jessica." There was a voice behind me and I froze. That voice was filled with pride and malice. 

"Carter." I spat out, turning around. Mason held me as I stared the gang leader down, my eyes filled with hate. 

"Welcome home Princess. I even gave you your old bedroom back." I smiled a little as I thought of my room back at Carter's. The only bearable thing there was at that hellhole. 

"Where's Melissa? Where's my little sister?" Cole demanded, as we walked into the airport. We must have looked like a funny sight, two women and almost ten men walking together. 

"Relax Cole, she's at my base. Coincidently, that's where all your men are right now. As promised, you have a base right next to mine, with enough room for all your members." 

"What about Mel? Where's her room? What about her toys, and Mr. Bear?" It was so cute how concerned he was for her. 

"It's next to yours mate. Relax, everything is fine. Mr. Bear and Ms. Darling and Mr. Cuddles are all with her. And before you ask, yes she made me play with her." I stifled a laugh as I imagined big bad Carter playing with little Mel. 

"Shut up Jess." We went through a special security line, where Carter scanned my Nexus that Cole swiped for him from my house. 

"Did he treat you well?" I whispered to Mason, who pouted.

"I was like his maid. I cooked and cleaned and poured whiskey sours for him and Drew. For two months." I guess the gang world was running slow nowadays. 

"Awe Mase, that's okay. I'll help you with your chores." I teased, kissing him on the cheek. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder as we walked together. I stopped right before the baggage claim. 

"Mason, you realize that we are never escaping from this. We will die working for him." I wanted to sob and scream at the same time. I was just so frustrated. 

"Jess, we will get through this together. I won't let anything happen to you, I promise." 

"Then why aren't we fighting?" I snapped at him. "Why are we walking like a couple of sitting ducks huh? We could run right now, and be free." Mason grabbed my hands.