{Chapter 2}

Is This Possible? - {ChApTeR 2}

|Dinner|

Something wasn't right. It wasn't the the smell of freshly cooked rice or that the dinning table was neatly laid with our best China, fine white wine in crystal glasses and and a big bowl filled with chicken bits and some vegetables cuts, and it wasn't the sight of my father grinning widely.

No -- it was the fact that my father was grinning widely at the sight of my brother and I.

His wicked grin turned into a sickly sweet smile, "Oh Jami, Dani! You're finally here. Wonderful!" he chimed in a voice of relief. It was only then that I realized that there were guests seated at the dinning table.

I only had a glance at them when my dad hollered at us, "Why don't you guys join us?" His sickly sweet smile was back. It was disgusting.

"Dad..." Jami dragged out and my body tensed, "I'm really tired from school and I have loads of homework to do. Can I skip, please?"

My heart stopped beating and the oxygen seemed to have left my lungs.

My wide eyes were trained on my dad's facial expression -- his jaw clenched and cold eyes twitched. My palms were sweaty, I felt nauseous.

His smile faltered slightly but he regained it immediately but his eyes were hardened, "Sure son, just remember to eat before going to sleep."

Relief flooded my veins and Jami trotted to his room.

I quickly walked towards the open seat next to dad and set my bag on the floor next to my feet. I kept my eyes down then I looked up slowly.

The guests consisted of two men and a woman. The first man who was across from my seat gave me a warm smile. He had greasy salt and pepper hair that was neatly combed back, his olive skin was toned, and he wore a dark velvet suit. The wrinkles around his eyes made him look older and wiser.

The lady next to him looked respectful. She gave me a small nod; I replied with one myself. She had straight long black hair which looked really silky, thin pink lips below her small nose, a petite looking face which was utterly flawless and she wore heavy eyeshadow.

My gaze traveled to the last guest who smiled at me. I was shocked. It was a full on smile which made the corners of his eyes crinkle, and he looked really happy. Something then clicked.

He was the man I saw at the store.

I gave him a tight yet puzzled smile.

"So, this is my daughter Dani and that little rascal you saw running back there was my son, Jami." I almost smiled as he mentioned this. Almost.

"So lets all dig in." dad said happily.

****

Having a man who might be twice your age stare at you so intensely while you're eating dinner isn't the nicest feeling in the world.

I gulped down the last bit of chicken and my eyes moves from my plate to the man in the expensive looking suit. He was cutting through his piece of chicken. He was quite a slow eater. My eyes met his and he gave me a polite smile which I returned with a small smile and averted my eyes from him to my hands that shook nervously on my lap.

I silently excused myself from the table hoping that it didn't look disrespectful and walked quietly to the kitchen.

The kitchen was right next to the dinning room. It wasn't so big but it wasn't too small either. All three sides of the wall was filled with an attached counter top, a stove, a sink and a few cabinets and cupboards. A small dustbin was placed next to the sink. The last wall had nothing attached to and nothing on it except the door of course. It was a plain wall that was painted a pale blue hue. Next to the door was a huge hole in the wall though.

Well, I wouldn't say it was just any plain hole. It was actually a rectangular shaped hole that was clearly installed by the previous owner or the person who built this house. Through the rectangular hole you could see the dinning room meaning you could see everybody who was sitting there.

I didn't like the interior of this house especially this rectangular hole that dented the pale blue wall.

I washed my plate and glass and prayed that my dad wouldn't ask me to clean the rest of the table. Soft murmurs were heard and I swear I could feel his eyes on me; well someones eyes on me.

Slow paced footsteps startled me.

"Dani?" a soft masculine voice called out. The way he - I presume due to his husky voice - said my name felt velvety as if it had been a daily prayer.

I turned around bewildered. It was the man who kept staring at me during dinner. He wore the same suit as before except that his hair was done up neatly. His aura was intimidating now that I knew he was one of my dad's colleges.

I gulped, "Yes?" I answered hesitantly.

"Is that your name? Dani?" he asked and said my name as if he was testing it out. His accent made me want to record him talking nonsense and play it like a lullaby before bed.

Okay, not creepy at all.

"Er, yes it is." I let out trying not to be too stiff. He mumbled something in a different language which - I'm not going to lie - was very sexy. Anything that came out of his mouth was sexy. Curse hot men.

"Oh and...." I trailed off and contemplated whether to ask him what he did with the dress he bought but decided against it.

"Yes?" the corner of his lips turned upwards, slightly.

"Oh nothing..." I bit my bottom lip and my eyes trailed to the rectangular hole which unfolded my father's heavy gaze, "Um, I mean, I hope you enjoyed the dinner?" I think I was about to slit my lip in half.

"Why does that sound like a question?" his voice sounded deeper and it did something to my insides. I shifted a bit.

My eyes then darted to his hands which held his plate and glass, "Well it doesn't matter. Anyway let me take this for you?" I set my plate and glass down and went to get his.

My finger tips touched the cool surface of the plate and then my palms. He didn't let go of the plate. I looked down and our feet were only a few centimeters apart.

I tried to lightly yank the plate out of his grip but he wouldn't let go, "Um, sorry but could you please let go of the plate?" I whispered and hoped - no actually prayed - that it didn't sound disrespectful.

"Well, mio amore. I will only give you this plate if you stop biting that lip of yours," he then leaned closer His hot breath could be felt, "It's doing funny things to me." he whispered so that only I could hear it. My stomach twisted in a mixture of butterflies and something else I couldn't quite decode.

My teeth immediately released my poor lip out of it's death grip and he gently placed the plate and glass into my hands. What is happening?

"Good girl, after you finish washing the dishes could you please direct me to the bathroom. We have some things to talk about."

I never did once look into his eyes - heck I didn't even look up but I just silently nodded but I knew that my face was beet red.

What is happening?

____________________________________________

An update! Yes!

I changed a few things here and there. I'm also very sorry for not updating for awhile and making you guys think that I'm dead. I'm not btw.

I hope you liked this chapter because I'm really happy with it and it gave me a real kick in the ass and had terrible writers block but I think I'm on track now.

The struggle is real.

Your dead-but-not-dead writer,

Juice boxes.