{Chapter 4}

Is This Possible - {ChApTeR fOuR}

|Ryker|

This was the week I died.

I mean school wise. The homework assignments kept pilling up even though I had been doing them everyday and the teachers somehow took a 360 degree turn in their attitudes. Giving innocent children detention for coming late to classes - I being one of the victims - or for talking in classes.

School used to be the only thing that would take my mind off dad or other problems that were bugging me. All my attention was fully focused on the assignments or work that was given to me. I didn't need to worry about having friends or being popular because people didn't acknowledge me. It was nice to be alone for a bit. Nobody bothered me about my looks or my personality.

It was...really nice.

But now it's like I had no where else to go to comfort myself. My comfort zone was gone. Well At least I still had the library.

So now I'm here in a Study Period trying to finish off my homework that was due in my next period. I scribbled answers and theories roughly and all my attention was draw to the goal at hand - finish my homework.

I was so immersed in my work that I didn't even notice that someone had sat next to me.

They cleared their throat and my pen in hand froze then I looked up.

Ryker Lawley. He was a new student that came a week after school had started and the whole female population of the school exploded with glee. Not only for his boy-next-door personality but his attractive features. Now looking at him up close he wasn't really that attractive, he was glob smacking gorgeous.

He had blond curly hair which was pulled back in a small quiff. His jawline was different from most boys - more angled, he had two lines on the sides of his lips which indicated two dormant dimples due to his straight face. Surely they would pop out as soon as he let out that killer smile that I heard so much about and now that I look closer his eyes were not a yellow-ish brown but a very warm light brown.

He sat next to me and pursed his lips - which directed my eyes to his popping dimples - and his eyes trained on my cheek and then magically my cheek started to sting and the events from last week played. I immediately unhooked a chunk of hair that was behind my ear and let it fall to the side of my face. It was still red then.

I smiled at him, "Yes?" I softly asked.

"Oh, yes. Hi, i'm Ryker and I was wondering if I could ask a favor from you." He said politely. He pulled out a few books from his bag and laid them on the desk.

I widened my smile a little, "I know who you are," and then being the polite person I was I said, "Sure ask away."

He didn't skip a beat.

"You know the biology assignment we had to do. About the eye and finding parts, drawing it and all that stuff, right?" he said softly. I was about to reply but a teacher was heading our way so I nudged him and pretended to do my work. So did Ryker.

This was teamwork and we didn't even know each other that well. Life of a student.

When the teacher passed us I side-glanced at Ryker and nodded. Scared that the teacher might hear him talking he leaned closer to me with his lips by my ear and his breath brushing my neck, he smelled like boyish deodorant but it wasn't overused like most boys. "Well I suck at Biology and drawing so I was wondering if you would help me with the project?"

His breath was warm and his voice as soft as an angel's. I wasn't used to having boys this close to me like this except Jami of course. It was a weird feeling though. Different from when that man, Dante was close to me. It was way different. I felt comfortable, like I didn't have to worry about being around him. I didn't have the feeling of terror coming my way but something was missing.