bonus ix: lineage

"Good morning." Leia greeted with a smile, walking over to where you and Ben—along with the twins—had been eating for breakfast, out on the terrace, over looking the palace's scenery while enjoying the early morning. "It seems that, as they were processing the documentation for your wedding, they found something out about you Y/N..."

Looking away from Liam as you had been cleaning his face, your eyebrows lifted. "About me?" You questioned as Ben sat up and leaned towards you as Leia handed you a file. "What is it?" You asked as Leia shrugged.

"I'm unsure, I didn't look at it and they didn't tell me anything. They just said it was sensitive information." Leia nodded as you slowly nodded back, opening up the file and pulling out a few documents. "But... it seems as if it must be about you."

"About me..." You mumbled, eyeing the documents, seeing information about yourself—your name, age, height, all the obvious stuff you knew about yourself. Then, you saw a section for lineage. "Lineage?"

Looking over your shoulder, Ben read along with you. "You're not... from Corellia?" He said, as you read the same information.

"But... That's impossible? My parents are from Corellia..." You nearly muttered, reading on.

Walking over and looking at the document, Leia's eyes widened. "Sweetheart, you were born here... on Naboo..." She pointed out. "And your mother is from Naboo, too..."

Feeling your eyes widen as you looked through the papers, seeing information about your parents, your lips parted. "Naboo? But..." Stopping yourself, you took in a small breath. "Oh... My father is from Corellia."

"So it seems..." Leia said. "But, you were born here, it seems as if your parents must've moved to Corellia when you were young. Or, the possibility that they so happened to have passed away on Corellia."

"Shouldn't my adoptive parents have known about this?" You questioned, looking up at Leia as Ben took the file from you, looking through it.

"There's a chance they could have but lied to you." Ben considered. "A very high chance." Looking over at him to see him eyeing the files, you let out a small sigh.

"Is there... Is there a chance we could learn more about my parents?" You asked Leia as you turned back to face her.

"I'm sure there's a chance." Leia nodded. "I'll see what I can find."

Standing up, you pushed your chair in. "I'll help you, I really want to know more about them if I can." You softly smiled as Leia nodded in agreement before you turned to face Ben. "I'll be back." You said, leaning over and kissing his cheek before rounding the table to kiss the twin's heads. "Maybe papa can take the two of you to see the waterfalls?"

"Yes!" Liam nodded.

"Please!" Luke exclaimed, sitting up in his seat.

Shaking his head with a small laugh, Ben stuffed the files away before standing up. "Alright, alright. Let me know what you find out." He said, rubbing your upper arms before lifting the twins out of their high chairs and lowering them. "Maybe you're royalty." He teased with a wink as you rolled your eyes.

"Technically I am because of you." You shrugged, poking his nose before walking back over to Leia. "I'll see you loves in a bit." At that, with a small wave, you walked off.

Finding yourself beside Leia amongst the archives, looking through digital files, Leia called you over to her as you had been searching. "Y/N, honey... Look at this." She waved her hand as you walked over, leaning over her shoulder. "Your mother, she helped with the Rebellion."

Blinking, you read along the information Leia had found. "A rebel..."

"Yes... And your father worked with the Empire." Her voice softened as you swallowed. "It seems as if, from what I can comprehend, they fled to Corellia in order to start a new life but remnants of the Empire lingered and they tried to hide you... But-"