xlviii. cleansing

Feeling the warmth that radiated onto your body no longer there, you extended your arm out and felt nothing, closed eyes only opening as you instantly frowned. Kylo wasn't in bed and nowhere in sight as you turned onto your back and eyed your surroundings. Letting out a small groan, you turned onto your stomach and buried your face into Kylo's pillow, taking in his scent. Usually, he was there when you'd wake up... He probably was going straight into his never ending planning.

Standing at the command center, seeing the Finalizer was off track and wasn't in its position on the radar, Kylo's jaw tightened. He knew Hux was plotting something and he knew it was nowhere near good. Turning away with a huff, Kylo returned back to his quarters, seeing you in the midst of your morning routine.

Letting out a small breath, he walked over to you as he got a hold of your upper arms. "Good morning." You said to him, looking through the mirror, Kylo resting his forehead on your shoulder after kissing your cheek. "You already stressed?" You asked, turning to face him as you held his face.

"No... Sort of. I have to go to the Finalizer and check on a few things." Kylo said as you nodded. "I'll be back in a bit."

"Okay." You smiled. "I'll keep an eye out on things, BB-9E will help." You winked at Kylo as you pointed over to the droid.

"Thank you." Kylo nodded, kissing your cheek again before walking away, you catching his wrist and tugged him back. Looking down at you, trying not to make it obvious that he was anxious, you pulled him down, into a gentle kiss before letting him go.

Giving him a small smile, he took in a small breath before leaving your sight, you sighing and feeling a weight on your chest. Something was up and Kylo wasn't telling you...

"Things are going according to plan." Hux said as he stood on the bridge of the Finalizer, alongside a pair of officers. "Kylo fell right into my trap... And now, he will die with the Finalizer and the Order." Hux grinned, standing with a straight back, proud of himself.

Rushing onto the bridge, an officer sucked in their breath as they approached Hux. "Excuse me, General. The Supreme Leader... He is headed for the Finalizer." They informed as Hux gave a single nod.

"Perfect, everything is going as planned." Turning on his heel before leaving the bridge, he spoke over his shoulder. "Prepare the ship, when I give the green light, you know what to do."

"But, sir, that will-"

"I know what I am saying." Hux snapped before walking off, leaving the three officers standing there, exchanging looks.

Approaching the Finalizer and landing his TIE Silencer in the hangar, Kylo was quick to get off and rush into the halls. Frantically searching as officers watched him storm by.

"The Supreme Leader is here." Another officer approached the three on the bridge.

"Let the General know." One of the previous officers spoke. "Reach out to his coms."

"Yes, sir." With a bow, the officer rushed off.

Aiming for the command center of the Finalizer, Kylo stopped within his tracks as an officer frantically rushed out. keeping his eyes on them and sensing his distress, he followed after, quietly. "General Hux, the Supreme Leader has arrived on the Finalizer." The officer spoke as Kylo listened in from afar.

"Perfect. Make sure he does not leave. He will die on that ship, just like the rest of them. Prepare for light-speed." Hux ordered as the officer lowered the com link with a shaky breath, Kylo's eyes widening.

Letting out a sigh as you walked into the throne room, eyeing it, seeing the changes it had taken since Kylo took the title of Supreme Leader, you walked over to the throne and brushed your fingertips along the armrest. "To run an entire organization... I could never." You chuckled as BB-9E beeped in response. "You? Help me run it? Yeah right, I rather be a no one than a Supreme Leader." You shook your head as the droid tilted its head. "Don't give me that look! I mean, it's nice being the Supreme Leader's girlfriend and all... But, I rather just have a simple life." You shrugged. "Something I've never had... Away from it all."

Walking away from the throne and over to the windows that presented the vastness of open space, the stars shinning brightly before you as you sucked in a breath, you thought about Kylo. How far he had come. All those sleepless nights he had stressing over the change. Spending hours trying to come up with a plan to bring balance and to end the war.

You were proud of him, for all that he was doing and not giving up.

Rolling up to you, BB-9E followed where your eyes were looking. "Kylo will get through this... I know he will. He will do what's right for the galaxy... and for himself." You nodded. "He'll bring peace, once and for all." You softly smiled.

Hearing a scoff from behind you, you turned, seeing Hux standing there, grip tight on his blaster. "You are so foolish. All of the decisions you have made. Turning against the Supreme Leader, killing him. Siding with Ren. Falling for him. Letting your foolish and false love blind you." Hux seethed as your jaw tightened. "I wasn't dumb. You think I'd fall for such a false story? You and Ren trying to seem like some sort of heroes? Protecting the Supreme Leader's name? I am no fool, Y/N." Hux snarled, using your real name as your heart skipped a beat.

You knew what he was doing. He was trying anything to upset you, to get the ugly out of you. "You are just as weak as Ren. You let false hope blind you to turn. You allowed such a stupid relationship that'll never last get in your way, you whore!" He shouted as BB-9E rolled in aggravation in it's spot, wanting to zap Hux but you took a small step in front of it.

"You're just being bitter." You calmly spoke.

"Bitter?" Hux snickered. "That's not even half of what I am." He said. "The galaxy needs a cleansing. It needs to be reborn. I will bring forth balance. The right balance." Hux grinned. "And you will either join me, or you will die."

"I will never join a snake like you." You glared. "You conniving, evil, little man."

"Then I guess I shall begin the purge." Hux said as your eyebrows narrowed, lifting his free hand and speaking into a comlink. "Execute."

Gasping at his words, Hux pulled the trigger of his blaster but you were quick to freeze the shot in the air, gritting your teeth as you ran right for him, only to feel the ship violently tremble. "What have you done?!" You shouted, hearing the alarms go off.

Quickly rushing to the hangar just before the ship had made its jump to light-speed, Kylo couldn't see his TIE Silencer anywhere in sight. Gritting his teeth and boarding a random TIE Fighter, throwing the person who had been inside, right out, Kylo was quick to leave the Finalizer and get far away from at as possible.

Eyeing the direction the ship was pointed in, seeing it was aimed right for the Supremacy, Kylo's heart stopped in his chest as he thought of you.

Then, in a matter of seconds, the vessel made its jump and tore right into the Supremacy. "NO!"

〉〉〉〉

A/N

Sh*t's about to go down! Get ready!

Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are appreciated!

Nic