bonus vi: purge

Months had passed since Kylo had found himself on the lava planet of Sullust. After searching a factory alongside BB-9E and finally finding a TIE fighter, the two made their way off and began their journey. Sadly for them, their journey was going to be a long one.

The starfighter worked perfectly fine for a few rounds, making it to Malastare before leaving it after no sign of you. Then, they traveled to Takodana, Jakku, and even Coruscant but, still, no sign of you. Anywhere. And he couldn't even reach out to you through the Force for some reason.

After searching some of the expansion region, inner rim, Kylo found himself amongst the core worlds. But when they landed on their second stop in the core region of the galaxy, they ended up losing the ship from its overheating. Kylo, of course, was furious and BB-9E was just as irritated.

It had easily been over eight months since they had left Sullust, and they had not even an ounce of luck on them. Kylo was growing less and less patient with how much time was passing and still not finding you. His fear was starting to get to him, making his doubt grow stronger and stronger. What if you had died? What if someone found you or killed you? What if you were a slave? What if you were lost in open space? If his escape pod had landed on Sullust, shouldn't yours have, too?

Standing in disbelief after their only source of flight exploded before them, Kylo's jaw tightened as he clenched his fist. "Eight months, over eight planets... and no sign of Y/N." Kylo said, breathing growing heavy as his heart raced. He could feel the heat rushing to his head as he was reaching his tipping point. "No fucking sign of Y/N and we have no fucking spacecraft!" He shouted as BB-9E lowered its head, shaking it before scanning the area.

Beeping and rolling over to Kylo, Kylo huffed. "What?" Beeping in response, Kylo's eyebrows narrowed. "What do you mean we're on Corellia?" He spoke through gritted teeth. "Out of all planets we had to get stuck on, this is it?!" He exclaimed. "I swear to the stars above Y/N better not be here." Thinking about just how much you loathed the planet, Kylo had hoped that you were nowhere on that wretched planet. Not after what you had been through on it.

But then his mind went to a dark place. What if you were on there? What if you were stranded and someone found you... People you did not want to see...

Your adoptive parents.

Tightening his fists even more, Kylo instantly turned in his spot. "No, they will not hurt her." Kylo huffed. With all the fury built within him from the fact that he still hadn't found you, his fear was starting to blind him. What if they were holding you captive? What if you were being abused again? He couldn't take the what if's and the constant worry.

So, he searched. He searched and did everything he could to find them.

He remembered what you had told him, and he was able to see your past when you had allowed him into your mind. If they were foolish enough, the fiends that called themselves your adoptive parents, would be living in the same spot they were years ago. In the same city, in the same home.

"I was born on Corellia." Your voice echoed within his head as he was on the hunt.

"And then I was taken in to this couple. Who, I would never consider in a million years, to be my parents." Kylo had been treading with pure determination, remembering your visions, seeing your memories as his own... Knowing, remembering, where you had once lived.

"They were neglectful more often than not. Plenty of times I found myself lost in shoppes or roads, in the middle of forests... I was only a toddler when it first happened. Easily five years old. They left me behind at a busy road filled with vendors and I had never been so scared in my life." Seeing a village amongst a forest appear, Kylo could see you when you were just a toddler, running through that same forest with pure fear in your eyes.

"...the galaxy's most neglectful, abusive, and manipulative parents!"Hearing his breathing fill within his ears, storming through the village, Kylo removed his cape.

"They made me steal for them." Tightening his jaw, Kylo's chest heaved.

"So, they adopted a child in order to get what they needed." In his head, he could see your memories. The way your eyes brimmed with tears, the feeling of your fear coursing through your veins, how you tried so hard to stay locked up in your small room.

"They made me do things my body couldn't physically take."

"I was too young, my bones weren't all that strong, my muscles were thin. But that wasn't logic to them."

"They saw it as weakness."

"They yelled at me, made me cry, guilt tripped me." Latching onto his lightsaber and igniting it, he approached the familiar hut and kicked the door right down.

"The older I got, the more and more they used me." Hearing the sudden yells of the two figures within the hut, faces he recognized from your memories, your voice in Kylo's head tuned out their screams.

"They made me work long hours." Lifting his lightsaber, he swung. And he swung with every line he heard in his head.

"They made me trade things they claimed they couldn't have." He swung again.

"They even still had me stealing." Then again.

"Up till the age of fourteen, when I decided it was enough. That my bones couldn't take it. That I couldn't take it." He swung until their screams were no more. Nothing but grunts of pain as he went limb for limb. A slow death.

"It was destined to happen, for me to run away and never look back. I've traveled far and wide and I have never returned to Corellia." Staring down at the two as his chest heaved, a hunch in his back as his lightsaber crackled with its sparks flying, Kylo shut his eyes for a moment.

"I ran and I kept running. And running. Until I found a place here." Falling to his knees as his lightsaber slid from his grip, your face filled his thoughts. The sight of you, lying beside him, looking up at him, holding him close... kissing him... telling him you loved him. He felt his eyes burn with tears. You weren't on Corellia... You were nowhere to be found. And he was afraid he had lost you for good this time.

"Nothing will harm you here, not even your adoptive parents." His own words echoed in his head, the memory of him looking deeply into your eyes. The mix of fear and hope filled within them. And his urge to protect you, blooming.

Hearing a faint beep come from behind him, Kylo's watery eyes opened up as turned to look over his shoulder, BB-9E rolling up to him, presenting a small hologram of a blinking light. "The escape pod..." Kylo breathed, eyebrows narrowing. "You finally got a signal?" Bowing it's head, Kylo wiped his tears and stood up. "We need to find a ship."

〉〉〉〉

A/N

Justice is served.

Thanks for reading! Votes and comments are appreciated!

Nic