bonus viii: a wedding on theed

Standing on the balcony, overlooking the pair of moons in the night sky amongst the twinkling stars, Ben took in a small breath, a smile growing on his lips as he thought about the day to come. The big day. He was going to marry you.

Although a year had passed since the twins birth and Kylo—Ben—practically proposing, he found himself content. Relaxed. Happiest as he could be. For once in his life.

Hearing light footsteps from behind him, your arms wrapped around his waist as you rested your cheek against his arm. "Anxious?" You asked, but Ben shook his head.

"No... Surprisingly. Although I know my mother is making a very big deal about this..." He chuckled as you smiled.

"Then?" You trailed as he let out a small breath, gazing at the night sky.

"Just... thinking." He nodded. "About it all... My life, yours, how our paths met... Our children, our future." Feeling you rub your cheek against his arm, Ben slightly turned his head and looked down at you. "I had a dream a while back... the night Starkiller Base was destroyed. I was in the infirmary of the Finalizer..."

"A dream?" You questioned, Ben nodding as he turned to grab you, sitting you on the railing as he held your waist.

"Yeah... I thought it was just a nice dream. That the Force was being kind and allowing me to have something good for once." He said, looking you in the eyes. "And... I think about it often... and I've come to realize, it was my future."

"Your future?" You tilted your head, moving your arms around his neck.

"It was us. I didn't know it then, of course. I didn't know you at the time and I couldn't even see the face or hear the voice of the person. But now I know it was you. It was you and I, here on Naboo, out on Lake Country. On our picnic." He smiled down at you as your heart fluttered, your hands moving to rest on his cheeks, brushing the skin with your thumbs.

"You saw our future, Ben." You softly spoke, leaning towards him and planting a soft kiss to his lips. "You dreamt of it."

Nodding, he held you in a tight embrace. "If I only knew..."

Shutting your eyes for a moment as you took in a deep breath, you kissed the side of his head as he then lifted you and brought you back to bed. Lying you down before he fell beside you, Ben stroked your cheek as he looked at you. "Ben... when you were on Coruscant that time we... truly first met... Why were you there?"

Looking away, he sucked in a breath. Now that he knew it was you, he couldn't forget that moment. The girl who almost got caught by a group of First Order officers who were on the planet with Snoke. His paths had crossed with yours once before... and it nearly crossed with Snoke's. "Snoke..."

"Oh..." You swallowed.

"I-"

"It's okay, you don't have to explain." You shook your head as Ben lifted his head, looking you in the eyes. "That was in the past... What matters is that we were destined to meet again." You nodded, resting your hand on his cheek with a soft smile. "Did I ever tell you how I got Astrobleme?"

Shaking his head, Ben grabbed your hand from his cheek and kissed it. "No."

"Well, I was on Takodana on the run... Stole a vessel from a gang," You chuckled as his eyebrows lifted. "And, it was pretty bad, they were firing at me but... I was saved by this duo..." Biting your inner lip, you looked him in the eyes. "They helped me out of it, helped remove the tracker from the vessel and basically helped me have it as my own."

"That's nice." Ben nodded with a faint smile. "How did the name come to be?"

Swallowing, you looked down. "One of them gave me the name as an example and I took it..." You said. "Your father named my ship." Looking back up at him, Ben's heart sunk.