Chapter 9

Please comment & vote!! 😊

Luke's P.O.V.

I slowly awoke to the feeling off Hayden's breath brushing over my neck, his arms were still wrapped around my waist, as if they never unwound throughout the night. I placed my hand over his, slowly tracing over his fingers. I continued running my fingers over his until he stirred.

"Good morning" he mumbled.

"Good morning."

I turned to face him, careful not to hurt his arms in the process. I stared blankly at his bare chest before asking him the question that has been at the back of my mind since I awoke.

"How long?"

"How long?" He repeated. "What do you mean?"

"How long have you liked me?"

The corners of his lips turned upwards.

"Since day one."

There was a moment of silence as I absorbed his answer before asking yet another.

"Why?"

Hayden stared at me with a look of surprise mixed with confusion.

"Why not? You're cute, funny, sarcastic, unpredictable at times, creative, different. And most importantly, compatible with me.

I smiled, repeating his answer over and over again in my mind.

"Oh my god" I said rather loudly startling him.

"Are you gay?" I asked causing Hayden to burst into laughter.

After catching his breath he pulled me into a kiss.

"Yes" He whispered against my lips.

"Why didn't you ever tell me?"

"I didn't think it was that important. I also assumed you were straight. I know I teased you about not being sure because you never dated, but I was positive you'd start dating a girl once school starts."

"Why though?"

"I don't know. Maybe because that's the kind of thing that'd happen in a movie. I fall in love with my straight best friend that happens to be in a happy and healthy relationship with the girl of his dreams, while my heart breaks inside wishing he was mine."

"Wow, You have a wild imagination." I laughed.

"Imagination." he stated with the best Spongebob voice he could emulate.

"Oh my god." I chuckled.

"What about you? Do you think you're gay?"

"I'm not quite sure. I don't feel the need to label myself right now. All I know is that I like you."

"Well, let's just say you're Haydensexual."

"I guess." I said chuckling.

~~

"What are we gonna do today?"

"Well, since we went swimming yesterday I was thinking we could go hiking, but that was before it rained. So, we should probably just head home right now instead of staying another night."

"I'd rather stay here for a little while longer."

"Why?"

I nervously scratched the back of my neck, my eyes trained on the wood floor.

"Because..."

"Because what?"

"Because we can make out here without anybody questioning it." I blurted out rather quickly.