Cripple: Chapter Seven (part one)

Start from the beginning

Ryan was standing behind them. "Stef babe, let Elizabeth get some air. You and Amber are are squeezing her to death.", he said.

The girls let her go and Amber and Ryan pulled chairs out from under another one of the lab tables and brought them over so they could all sit with her. My bodyguards. Elizabeth thought.

"Jesse text and told me what happened. Are you alright, Elizabeth? Jesse is worried about you." Ryan asked ,as he sit next to Stefanie.

"I'm okay you guys, but thanks for caring.", Elizabeth answered quietly. She was still upset over what happened but she was trying to hide it. She just wanted to forger it and not talk about it but she knew that wasn't going to happen.

"The whole school is talking about it.", Stefanie said in an irritated tone, "Princess Ashley and Erika apparently called their parents and they came down here ranting and raving about how their daughters got removed from cheerleading and they threatened to sue so Mr. King reinstated them. Can you believe that?! Jesse is gonna be so pissed when he hears".

Just then Ashley and three other cheerleaders walked in and Ashley looked at Elizabeth and turn to one of the other cheerleaders and asked, "Jenna, do you smell mothballs"? Jenna looked confused so Ashley explained, " You know, like something that's been in a closet for a while?"

All the cheerleaders burst into laughter as Ashley shot a glare to Elizabeth. Stefanie suddenly stood up. "I'm going to kick that dumb bitch's ass!" Stefanie started toward the cheerleaders' table and they all crowded around Ashley. The class was full and the other students were looking in Ashley's direction excited to see a fight.

"You better not touch her." ,warned a cheerleader who was surrounding Ashley.

Just as Stefanie was about to throw a punch, Ryan locked and arm around her waist from behind, "Calm down babe. Look, you're freaking Elizabeth out."

Stefanie looked back at Elizabeth. She was sitting at the table, pale and with a look of shock on her face. " Your day will come bitch.", Stefanie told Ashley, then she and Ryan went back to their table. Elizabeth let out the breath she had been holding.

***

"Man, I can't believe you got Ash and Erika in trouble!"

"Where's your loyalty Jessie?!"

"Bro, what's wrong with you?!

" Cripple Lover!"

Thanks to having Math with Erika, her boyfriend Travis and half of the football team, that's all Jesse had been hearing. Everyone seemed concerned about Ashley and Erika instead of Elizabeth. Jesse seriously wanted to tell them all to go to hell but he just kept quiet. No need to start more drama.

He finished the problems Mrs Kelly had assigned them in plenty of time so he hid his cell phone under the table and text Beth.

Jesse: Hey Bethie girl, you okay?

It took a few minutes for her to reply.

Elizabeth: I'm okay. Just watching a movie on proper chemical spill clean up. Yawn.

Jesse: Lol. Yeah math is boring too. Hey, Principal King gave me permission to leave my classes early so I can take you to yours.

Elizabeth: Jesse that's nice of you but 10 minutes adds up at the end of the week. You'll be missing a lot of class.

Jesse: Principal King asked me to do it Bethie because he doesn't trust Ashley and Erika. Luckily I have a very smart and neighbor who can help me with my school work :)

Elizabeth: Oh so you're my bodyguard too Lol I have 3 surrounding me at the moment.

Jesse: See honey told ya Ryan and Stef love you too.

Jesse mentally kicked himself. They love you too. Great Jesse use the "L" word after two days and freak her out you idiot! He quickly text her again.

See ya in a bit. G2G. I think Mrs. Kelly is casting a spell on me lol.

Elizabeth tried to pay attention to the movie but she kept watching Stefanie and Ryan out of the corner of her eye instead. They were so cute together. Sitting close together, Stefanie pretended to watch the movie while Ryan was writing little notes on her hand with a pen. When she felt him stop, Stefanie looked down, read what Ryan had wrote, smiled and grabbed his hand and write her reply on his skin.

Elizabeth smiled. She remembered what being in love felt like. She missed it. She even missed Eric sometimes when she thought of the good times, but thinking of the good also brought back the bad memories. She'd never forgive or forget him calling her a cripple or leaving her in that cabin helpless. She reminded her self that he wasn't the man she thought she knew and probably never was the guy he pretended to be when she'd met him. Eric had taught her a very important lesson though. Never trust anyone with your heart because eventually they'll smash in to pieces.

Stefanie tapped her on the shoulder and and pointed to the door, "Jesse's here.", she whispered. Sure enough, Jesse was standing outside the classroom watching her grinning that grin that made her heart skip a beat. She packed her things in her bag and turned Stefanie, "Are you going to Ryan's football practice?

Stefanie smiled, " Yep.", she said, "I'll see ya there right?"

"Um...yeah. Jesse promised to take my little brother, who thinks football and Jesse are "just so cool.", Elizabeth said mimicking Sky's words.

"Awe, that's sweet. I can't wait to meet him.", Stefanie said.

Elizabeth said goodbye to Ryan and told Amber she'd see her in the next class and held for the door. She had almost made it when she heard Ashlee say "Later Cripple." Then she heard chairs scrape across the floor. Elizabeth heard several voices behind her

"I told you your time was coming! You evil jealous bitch!

"Stef baby no! Don't!"

Get your hands off me! Help! And then someone screamed.

Elizabeth turned her chair around. Ashley was laying in the floor with a swollen cheek,her posse and Travis around her and Ryan had Stefanie locked in his arms. Stefanie's knuckles were busted open.