Chapter Sixteen

I was laying down on my bed looking out into the sea view, I still had a slight headache after falling down the stairs but the aftermath was mainly embarrassment on my behalf. I mean who goes away on a holiday, kisses their best friend and then falls down stairs and has to be rushed to hospital. I think Noah and I may just have a chance though, the way he looks back at me and the fact that we have kissed multiple times now has to count towards something. Today was day 2 at the beach so we only has a couple more left before we had to head home and back to reality. I got up off the bed and heard voices coming from the kitchen as I made my way down there.

"Hey guys, what are you up to?" I questioned to the group.

"We are just making some lunch, we can bring it up to you if you want to lay down again" Emma said with concern across her face. I smiled make at her, I appreciated her concern but I was perfectly fine.

"That's ok, I'm perfectly fine I just want to continue with the holiday and forget it ever happened" I replied with a small chuckle.

"We are making nachos, would you like some" Noah questioned as I adjusted my gaze to him

"Yeah absolutely, I'm starving" I replied back with a smirk

We sat down and ate our lunch as we looked out over the beach. I felt content in this moment, surrounded by the people i have grown up with and loved every minute we spent together. Then there was Noah, we had progressed a lot over the last few days. I guess I started feel we had a chance after he had kissed me a few days ago. I could only hope that this continues when we go back home and we are once again surrounded by other people and by the I mean Casey.

"If you guys don't mind, Max and I were hoping to go on a date night?" Emma questioned with hope in her eyes that I would let them go.

"Of course, you guys should make the most of the time that we are away" I said back with a huge smile across my face. Noah and I are in a good place and I think it would be good for us to spend some time together alone anyway.

"Lets go upstairs and get you ready" I said to Emma in excitement.

We ran up the stairs and I gathered all my make-up and searched through my bag for the perfect black dress I had packed. We sat in silence as I did her make-up for her.

"I have the perfect dress for you to wear tonight" I told Emma with a smile.

"Thank you so much Ava, and thank you for letting Max and I go out tonight. I know that I promised i would stay buy your side but you and Noah seem to be getting along so well" Emma blurted out nervously, afraid that I would be mad at her for leaving me with Noah.

"Em, its ok your right Noah and I are good plus it'll be good for us to have a chat and catch up on everything we haven't really done that yet." I said back with a small smile

I finished getting Em ready for her date and we made our way down the stairs. I looked at Max and he had a huge smile on his face as he saw Emma going down the stairs.

"You look amazing" Max told Emma with a huge grin. He took her hand and they left for their amazing date. I turned my gaze and looked at Noah as he returned the smile I gave him. I guess it was just him and I. All i could hope was that tonight would go smoothly and we wouldn't make things awkward like we normally do.