Chapter Eight

I woke up to the sound of chirping birds sat in the tree outside my window. I made my way out of bed and opened up the curtains. I began getting ready and dressed for the day, school again. I'm praying that today goes well because in all honestly i don't think i could handle another day of proving myself to people. I grabbed my phone off charge to see that there was a message from Riley from last night, I must have fallen asleep before he sent the message.

the message said "Hey, sorry I'm messaging so late just hoping your still awake. If not don't worry I'll talk to you at school tomorrow about making plans for us." the message made me nervous, why couldn't i have stayed awake to reply to him. I decided to just wait until I spoke to Riley at school rather than replying.

I opened the door and made my way to my locker, hoping to avoid everyone today, just as I began getting my things ready for my first class I heard someone behind me say "there you are" I turned around to see if it was directed at me when i came face to face with Riley. 

"Hey" I said in a softened tone

"Hey, I figured you must have fallen asleep before you got my message"he said back in a understanding vioce.

"sorry about that, I fall asleep early" I replied

"It's fine honestly, so enough about that when do you want to go out?" he said back cheerfully.

"how about tomorrow?" I replied excitedly

I began to think back to when Noah asked to catch up and then I thought about how Casey had shown up. If Casey was there and came up to Noah that must mean that he has taken her there before because no one really goes there. I began to get a bit angry, how could Noah take someone to Zoe's when its our place and our thing to do together. I felt as though our sacred little place we had in common had been taken away. 

"Ava? Ava are you ok?" Riley question worriedly, I just realised i had stopped listening and got caught up in my own little world.

"yes sorry, what were you saying?" I said back

"I said I can go tomorrow where do you want to go?" he informed

"perfect, lets go to Zoe's cafe." I said before taking off to go to class.

I began questioning if i had made the right decision, just because Noah had taken someone to our special place should i really do the same thing. I guess if he doesn't see Zoe's as our special place than it can be a special place for Riley and I to share.

Lunch finally came and I was so excited to tell Emma about my date with Riley. I made my way to the table and quickly sat beside her. I began talking not paying attention to who was at the table.

"Emma, guess what? I have a date with Riley tomorrow night and we are going to Zoe's cafe its going to be amazing" I said without taking a breath. It wasn't until I heard an unfamiliar voice at our table that i took notice of who was sitting at the table.

"thats great Ava" i heard, I looked up to see Casey sitting with a smirk on her face. I looked at Noah who was sat next to her who had a sad look on his face. I couldn't understand what he had to be sad about, he was the one who took someone else there first.

I ignored Casey's comment and sat there for the rest of lunch playing with my food, I wasn't very hungry anymore. This day has been mixed, first I get the exciting news about the date and then Noah had to ruin it all by bringing her of all people to our table, In face he doesn't even normally sit with us so why is he now.

The sounds of the bell signalled that lunch had come to an end, I couldn't be happier to hear that bell. I stood up quickly and made my way to my locker thankful I didn't have to be in that situation anymore. Emma met me at my locker and we made our way to class together. As we walked in I realised we had a substitute teacher so we decided to sit at the back of the class where we could talk.

"I'm sorry that I didn't warn you about Noah sitting with us, I tried to but you were already there before I could." Emma said sympathetically.

"thats ok, not your fault. I should have been paying attention anyway instead of just blurting out what i wanted to say." I replied back.

"I cant believe he bought Casey though, its not like Noah to do something like that. I don't get why her either, I mean Noah doesn't date people like her so why is he now." Emma said in a baffled tone.

"I don't know Em, maybe he isn't the person we thought he was or maybe he has changed." I said back. I cant help but think that maybe the Noah I once knew and loved has gone but all i can hope is that he comes back.