Chapter Ten

I closed the door behind Noah as we both stood in the lounge room neither of us knowing what to say. We stood staring at each other for about a minute until he finally spoke up.

"I really wanted to say that I am sorry for Casey, I know she has been rude and I shouldn't have taken her to Zoe's where we always have gone. It was our place and I ruined it so again I'm sorry" He let out in one big sentence not taking a breath.

I stood staring at him for a while not knowing what to say or how to process the fact that he's saying what I wanted him to say. It feels like he cares in a more than friends way, the same way that always makes me question everything.

"thank you for saying that, I'm sorry too I did take Riley there as well." I said back

he slightly flinched as I said Riley's name before saying a little "that's ok" the words barely coming out of his mouth.

In that moment seeing him here in front of me, I didn't want to let him go ever again. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around him embracing him into a big hug as a tear rolled down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away as we untangled from our tight hug. Before he had a chance to question if I was crying I quickly cut in.

"do you want to stay for a movie night? Mum and dad are out at a dinner for mum's new book they won't be home until late" I said to him in hope that we can get a friendship back to how it once was.

Noah had a huge grin across his face before he finally replied with "I'd love to".

We sat down and Noah let me choose the movie as I sat next to him putting my head on his shoulder. We sat there together happy to finally feel as though we can talk and have each other presence again.

"I've missed you" Noah said quietly in my ear.

"I've missed you as well." I said looking up at him.

"let's go and make pancakes, your favourite" he said to me just as my stomach grumbled signalling I was hungry.

We both made our way to kitchen and I couldn't help but admire him because I couldn't believe he was stood in front of me again after what felt like years.

"I'm really glad we are speaking again; this last month has been torture. I have had so much I wanted to say and ask for your advice on, I just missed you so much" he said in a sad tone.

"Me too, let's move on and enjoy being friends again" I said trying to remove the topic before the reason why I started ignoring him came up.

As a team we made the pancakes and set the table, we laughed more than we should and just had the best time like we used to. Before you knew it a food fight broke out and we were throughing things everywhere. Just as I was trying to hide whipped cream came from nowhere covering my face. I could hear the roar of Noah's contagious laughter as we both looked at each other's state, me covered in whipped cream and Noah with maple syrup rolling down his face. It wasn't until I let out a long breath that I realised how close we were stood to each other.

Before I could process what was happening I felt Noah's lips on mine and I got so caught up in the kiss I didn't think about how wrong it was. He was dating Casey and I had just started seeing Riley. Not to mention this was the reason that we stopped talking in the first place. Noah quickly pulled back when I smile flashed across his face before it was replaced with a worries one.

Noah pulled back and stood apart from our embrace we were in just seconds ago

"I'm so sorry I don't know what I was thinking, we are friends and you are with Riley I don't know what I'm doing, I'm so sorry." he let out before turning for the door.

"Noah wait" I let out but not loud enough as he left me standing alone in the kitchen feeling the happiest I have been mixed with the most confused. Little did he know that he just did what I had been wanting him to do for the last year.