Chapter Three

I woke up to the ringing of my alarm, as it echoed throughout my room. Monday mornings are the worst, you have a full 5 days ahead of you and you know it will feel like forever before you reach another weekend. I shot up out of bed and made my way down stairs.

"morning sweetheart" my mum sweetly said to me

"morning mum, dad already gone to work?" I questioned

"yes he has, he left about half an hour ago" she replied

my dad works long hours as he is a police officer of our small town often getting called in when something comes up. My mum on the other hand is an author, she has published a couple of books all of which have been very successful. I admire both of my parents, growing up they worked hard to get to where they want to be and are both very good at their jobs.

I made my way over to the pantry and got out the cornflakes, all i felt like right now was a big bowl of cereal. I walked over to the fridge to get out the milk and poured it into the cereal. Once I had finished my cereal, I made my way back to my room. I quickly put on my uniform so i could get started with my hair, you see i washed it last night and I knew it was going to be hard to contain. I made my way out to my car, ready to head to school, all I could think about was how the day was going to go. The party on Friday night had been insane and I knew it would be the talk of the school but all i could think about is Noah and whether or not I should talk to him today or just pretend it was a one time thing when I talked to him the other night.

As I got out of my car, I made my way to the locker area ready to get my books to go to my first class of the day, that is english. I could hear the chatter in the classroom as I entered, everyone off in their own conversations talking about how the party went on Friday night. I walked over to my usual seat and set my books down. The class went by and before I knew it lunch time had come around and everyone made there way to go and get their food.

"Ava!" I heard someone yell, I turned my head trying to find where the voice was coming from until I saw the one and only Noah coming straight in my direction.

"Hey Noah, what's going on?" I politely said to him

"Nothing I just saw you walking by and thought I'd come and see how your doing" he nervously said back.

"I'm good, yourself?" I tried my best to be civil but I also don't want him to misread anything I say and think that we are fine because after what I heard him say to Max, I don't think I'm ready to pretend that everything is ok when it's not.

"good thank you, look I know we haven't spoken much lately and that I have done something that has upset you but I was hoping that maybe we could catch up? maybe a movie night on Friday that we always do?"I could see the effort he was making and the hope he had that maybe we could work something out but as I said I'm not ready for him to think it's all ok.

"I have plans Friday night but I might be able to go for coffee or something tomorrow night?" I tried my best to not be rude but to also be stern at the same time.

"oh ok I can do tomorrow night, look I have to get to football practice but would it be ok if I messaged you to make plans for tomorrow?" he said quickly.

"yeah thats fine, I'll talk to you later" In a flash he was gone. The only thing is that as quick as he was gone is as quick as I'm starting to feel the same way about him as I always have. I have to remember though he doesn't like me, he made it clear when I over heard him talking to Max that he would never like me.