sick - jonah marais | cute

you are sick, really sick. the high fever gives you headaches, the cough is really persistent in appearing and you didn't stop sneezing til yesterday, luckily that stopped.

all your friends are at school, so you don't have anyone to talk to at the moment. it sucks, it's a cold day and you just want someone to be with you.

you hear your phone ring, it was a text message. you don't even see who is it from or what it says, rapidly you unblock it.

jonah <3: hey y/n

jonah <3: why didn't you come today?

a wide smile spreads across your face instantly. jonah has been your best friend for three long years, but, lately you've been feeling something different on your relationship. he is a little flirty with you, you use nicknames like "babe" and he uses some like "babygirl" and you cuddle a lot. you practically act like a couple, but tag each other as best friends.

y/n: i have a cold and it's pretty bad let me tell ya

jonah <3: awe princess :(

y/n: it's okay don't worry babe

jonah <3: are you alone?

y/n: yeap. remember i told you that my parents are visiting my grandma in ohio?

jonah <3: oh right i forgot lol

jonah <3: anyways i'm coming over to make you company. i'll be there in 10

y/n: jonah you don't have to do that!

y/n: you can stay in school i'm fine

y/n: ugh i hate you

of course you want him to come but you don't wanna make him scape form school and get in troubles.

after 10 minutes, as jonah promised, you hear something hitting your window.

you stand up like a moribund and drag your feet to see jonah standing outside with some bags in his hands, throwing little rocks.

"it's open downstairs dumbie" your voice is almost inaudible and raspy due the cold. you chuckle making your throat hurt.

"ok i'm going" he imitates your voice and then laughs. rolling your eyes you go back to your bed with a little grin. you've missed him so much.

he enters to the house and goes upstairs to find you wrapped in your covers.

"hey" you smile at him from the bed.

"you're adorable" he chuckles and walks towards you until you stop him with your hand, "what?" he asks.

"i don't wanna infect you, back off! plus, i look like shit so don't look at me" you put the blankets over you.

"one, i don't care if i get infected, i'll spend more time with you then. and second, you look amazingly cute" he says and then you felt the blankets being pulled, jonah's face in front of you with a wide smile, "and i'm only going to give you this chocolate if you let me cuddle you" he smirks swinging around a table of hershey's, your favorite.

"i can't believe you exist marais" you giggle. jonah just grins and gets in bed with you.

"i love when you use my hoodies" he wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you really close to him and snuggling his head into the crook of your neck.

"thank you for letting me use them. and sorry i'm leaving all my germs" you say and he laughs, shaking his head while shrugging.

"i swear you look so tiny and precious i just want to hug the life out of you" he holds you even tighter.

"you are actually going to get sick jonah" you warn him.

"and like i said, i don't care. that way we're gonna cuddle a whole week while we get better" you chuckle at his response and kiss his forehead.

you stay silent for a bit, just hearing each others calm breathing.

"y/n...i've really been wanting to ask you something" he is nervous and you can tell.

"what is it sweetie?" you question while running your fingers through his soft hair.

"what...what are we?" he backs off a little, to be able to look at you when he asks that.

"well...we are best friends right?" you respond more like a question, but when you see jonah's eyes showing sadness at your answer you know he didn't get that you were confused too. you just don't know what you are either but you would love to be something more.

"oh, ok" he gets a little far from you, looking at the ceiling. you feel so unsafe without his arms around you.

"but jonah..." you call him, he turns to you, waiting for you to continue, "i like you, a lot"

his eyes instantly lit up and he brings you closer to him again, making you feel his warmth.

"i like you too y/n. and also a lot" he has a huge smile on his face, what makes you happy too, "can...can i kiss you?" without waiting for him you smash your lips against his. his soft lips moves in sync with yours and your heart jumps in love.

the next days your parents still were not in your house, so you two were alone at your house. as it was predicted, jonah got sick too. both spend those days on bed, fooling around and cuddling.

those days make you the happiest human alive, and jonah kept doing it forever.

//

02/ 29/ 18