Chapter 18

Week later

Hey cutie, it's been a while since I've seen you. I know you miss me and I miss you too. I just wish you would come back."

,Love Tommy

My eyes widened as I received a card and flowers from my ex boyfriend. "What's up sis, who bought ya ugly ass these flowers?" Nick said grabbing the car.

"Stop snatching shit lor nigga and nobody sent them." I rolled my eyes trying to snatch it back. "You right." He nodded and gave it back.

"Tommy is nobody, so it's easier for me to kill him." He did an evil grin. "Boy get out of here you ain't killing nobody."

"We'll see about that." He said walking away. "Get back here." I said following him to the back. "Nigga you know damn well you ain't rey touch him."

"Yeah I will, him and his fucked up ass parents. I hate them ole racist ass bitches." He snarled. "Well when you put it like that." I laughed.

He laughed. "What y'all laughing at?" Mama and Bre said walking into the back room.

"Nadia." He laughed making a sandwich. "What you done did now crazy girl?" Mama laughed.

"Nothing that was all Nick." I shook my head in defense. "Y'all full of it." BreAnna laughed playing in Mama's hair.

"So Nadia I'm thinking about you doing my hair before you go. I'm trynna get cute." Mama smiled.

"You already know I gotchu mama. But who you trynna get cute for?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I gotta date." She smirked. "A date?" Bre looked at her.

"Mmh."

"Wit Who, ain't no nigga gettin' a piece of you." Nick said with a full mouth. "Close ya mouth boy." She swatted him away.

He rolled his eyes and took him and his sandwich else where. "With Who Mama?"

"The Lord child, y'all so damn nosey." She said coughing afterwards. I was not expecting her to say that. I looked at Bre who looked at me.

"Mama don't say that." I grabbed her hands. "Listen babies, y'all are the girls of this family and I expected y'all to take care of these young men who are just crazy. You two may not be the oldest, but you have to look out for them." She said.

BreAnna started crying. "Ma don't talk like this, you ain't goin' nowhere."

"Shhh baby you know mama has to go sometime right?" Bre nodded. I shed a few tears knowing Bre will lose her mother and I will lose yet another one.

"Then just spend the days you have with me now. Call the boys up here it's time to have a celebration." She said as she walked up the stairs singing a gospel song.

I sighed and hugged Bre. "It's gonna be okay pookie, she's gonna be just fine. It's the cancer talking, we all know she's not going anywhere." I tried soothing her.

"It's gonna be just fine."

2 hours later

"Ayye get it mama!" Tailan laughed as mama tried to dab. "They are a trip. Then he got the squad here." Bre laughed.

"For-real they all got her thinking she's doing something." I laughed.