Chapter 31

I woke up to the sound of wind clashing and a bumpy ride. I looked out the back seat window seeing we was on the rode somewhere.

"She's woke." Jalayah sang. "Oh good, we just stopped by a restaurant to get some food, you want some?" Steven said shoving a tray in my hand.

I looked at it to see tomato soup and a crab cake with ketchup on top. "It's yours if you want it, but if not I'll take it." He shrugged. I gave it back and set up in the seat.

Why do they hate me, enough to take me? I have done nothing to deserve this. I hit Jalayah and took the family she didn't want so I don't know why she's upset with me. And Steven took my mother from me when I was only 8 going on 9, I should be the one trying to kill him. Because of him, I will never get my mother back. She's long gone and I'll never have those memories everyone else has with there's.

"What ya thinkin' bout back there pretty?" He asked as the car stopped. I just looked at him which made him chuckle.

He got out the car and came to the back door . "Listen bitch, I know you can fuckin' talk so you betta get used to talkin' to me cause you gone be with us for a while." He spat in my face.

I clenched then unclenched my jaw. I don't even care what might happen to me, I just hope Madison called August or 911. She's too young to go through something like this and I'd be damned if I don't make it back to her.

"Come on." He pulled me out the truck. I looked around seeing nothing but trees and a lake. "You scared yet?" Jalayah smiled at me. "Girl fuck you." I said through my gritted teeth.

"Trust me I wouldn't dare even if I was gay, but Steven ova' hea' would love to 'fuck you' ." She said and I looked at Steven in the corner of my eyes who was smirking.

Come on y'all hurry up and get me!

*

"Tailan can you drive any faster yo?" Dink said bouncing his leg. "Nigga I'm goin' 100 in a 60 miles per hour highway." He hit the steering wheel.

"Man it don't feel like it." Tez shook his head looking out the window. Out of all of us Nick has been real quiet. Usually it's Tez, but he's been talking more than Nick since we got the news about Nadia.

Trust me, my feelings are hurt right now too, everybody's is. I don't how to actually feel other than guilty for leaving her. But she said that they took care of it, so I left but now I wish I didn't. It's all my fault she got took by that nigga or whoever took her. But I love her so much for sacrificing herself and not my baby.

*WOOP WOOP*

Sirens rang through the car and the red and blue lights flashed.

"Put y'all seatbelts on." Tay said. We did and waited for them to walk up on us.

"Do you know you was going 100 in a 60 miles per hour highway, boy?" The officer said flashing his light in Tay face.

Mel hit my phone because they was driving in front of us, they got Dink car while we got Tailan's.

Melly B: y'all good

: yeah keep going we'll be there inna lil bit

"My fault sir it's that I gotta get to my sister in New Orleans, she rey give birth and that's the father right there." He pointed me out.

I nodded my head, anything to get us back on the rode. "I understand but why must you speed?"

"We got a call saying her and the baby having complications and if one was to die I want my boy to have his last words." He said sounding real convincing.

"Oh I am so sorry to hear that son, go ahead. Just slow down when you see a cop car on the side. I wish y'all the best." He said walking away.

Tailan peeled away. "Ya lor lying ass." Dink laughed. "Real shit he be pullin' shit outta his ass." I laughed.

I looked over at Nick to say something but he had his head on the door looking out the window. "Nick?" I tapped him.

He looked at me with tears in his eyes. I grabbed him and put him in a comfort hug. "She good bro."

He cried as I held him. I looked at Dink and Tez who held their heads down. Tailan gripped the wheel clenching his jaw. They know what this nigga Steven is capable of especially since he took they mama, so I know they scared for their sister, my lover.

*

"What do you mean you don't know where Nadia's at?" Bre screamed through Tailan's speaker. " What I just said Bre! What you talking about? I don't know where the fuck my sister at!" He yelled back.

"Lemme take it." Tez said grabbing the phone before Tailan threw ️it. " Aug you good ova' there?" Trav asked me.

"Yeah I know we gone get ha' back." I nodded. The door to Nadia's place swung opened fast. "You!" I heard before I was pulled out of my seat.

Terrance had my shirt balled up in his fist. "It's all ya fuckin' fault I told her to leave ya lor ass alone but she just had to be hard headed and chase ya ass." He spat.

"This not what ya 'bout to do." Mel shook his head removing Terrance from me. I fixed my shirt and mugged him. "Nigga you 'ont know nothin' bout me and Nadia so stay in ya on life. Gone head and try to get dat bitch Ashley again. Aww she gone do is cause pain in ya life, ask my brudda." I yelled.

"What?" Mal made a face. "Yeah bruh he was fuckin' ya girl same time you was!" I spat mad at everybody.

Everybody was confused but Mal walked up to Terrance. Mel pulled him back.

"Fuck is ya doin' it ain't his fault. He ain't know, he thought she was his lady jus' as much as you thought he was yours. She was playin' both of y'all. And Aug dat ain't right! How ya jus' gone put dat nigga bid' ness out like dat? You know what everybody go home and cool dahn till we come together and figure out a plan to save y'all sister." He pointed to Tailan, Dailan, Montez, and Nick.

"Ya cousin." He pointed to Terrance. "And ya girl." He finally pointed at me.

I bit my lip knowing Melvin was totally right. I walked upstairs to Nadia's bedroom not caring that everybody was still downstairs. They know where the door at.

I walked inside and slammed the door. Everything was the way she left it. It still smelled like her and everything. I grabbed her pillow and hugged it. Her scent filled my nose causing me to let out a few tears. "Don't worry ma, we gone find you." I sniffed.