Chapter 9- Akatsuki's Plan

An authors note before we begin: I now have time to write and will make this an obligation. I am nearing the end of my first semester at college and will find more time to write over my break. This chapter, I must warn you, will be written differently, as my style has changed since I last wrote on here. I hope you still continue to enjoy it as you have in the past. I hope you are all doing well, and I hope you enjoy this chapter. And yes, there is a new cover.

Disclaimer: This is not the same as the original series, only aspects are. I follow the story as much as possible but change it to fit Kasina and her storyline in.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As they land in the base, Sasori takes Gaara in and Deidara looks back at Kasina, an almost concerned look crossing his features.

"Whats wrong, un? You barely said a word the whole way here, not that Sasori minded, but it's unlike you."

"Dei, there is simply a lot on my mind. Don't worry, it's nothing serious."

"If you say so Kasina. Now you know the drill, you've got to stay out here while we go in."

"Yeah, yeah, go on Dei."

Deidara nods and ruffles her hair a bit before walking inside the cave. Kasina smoothes her hair back down and sits against the boulder blocking the door and closes her eyes.

Around three days pass and Kasina has barely moved from her post. She is sitting in the same spot again, eyes closed.

"Kasina, this is not you." Kurama says in her head.

"Shut up Kurama." She responds.

"It's obvious you're doing this because your desperate for a place to belong."

"It's positive that you need to shut up."

"Maybe you'd like to know, Naruto is on his way here."

This stunned Kasina, she opens her eyes and stands. She knew Naruto would not be her ally after what she'd done here, she was certain of it. However, maybe she could cause him to hesitate.

She quickly hides as Naruto and his team come up in the distance.

Gai's teams attempt to break the seals only to be stuck fighting themselves.

"I'm sorry, Naruto..." She whispers under her breath before putting her hat on her head and walking out.

"Who are you!?" Naruto yells.

"They must be one of the Akatsuki..." Kakashi determines.

"What gave that away?" Sakura asks.

"Rasengan!" Naruto quickly attacks and Kasina jumps back, her hat falling from her head.

"K-Kasina...? You're in the Akatsuki...?"

"Naruto, don't ask questions which are obvious that you don't want the answer to." Kasina replies and quickly rushes up to him, punching at him.

Sakura manages to punch the boulder and Kasina sees Naruto go pale at what he sees inside.

"Let Gaara go you bastards!" Naruto yells and rushes in, Kasina however,jumps in front of him, blocking his way.

"Naruto, you are just as bad as you used to be. I see training under that pervert helped none."

"Kasina, I don't want to fight you."

"Well it's a shame I'm here then!" Kasina does the fireball jutsu at Naruto, before summoning a small snake named Chiki, who quickly goes inside and ensures the beast has been extracted.

"Deidara, Sasori! The beast is done, help me out here!"

Gaara's body falls to the ground and Kasina runs over to him. She let's them fight her former comrads while she picks up Gaara and takes him back to the sand village. Temari quickly gets into fighting position. Before realizing that Kasina carried Gaara.

"Tema... I know you don't trust me... but you have to get Gaara help..."

"You're the reason he and Kankuro are hurt in the first place."

"I never asked for this to happen... but Gaara is alive and he needs help immediately."

Temari takes Gaara to go get help and Kasina, now feeling a pain in her heart, rips off her Akatsuki robe and reports back to Kanin.

Kanin looks up from the papers he was looking at. "So I assume you figured out what the Akatsuki is truly after."

"They wish to resurrect the ten tails. The one seeming to run the operation is Pain, and at his side is a woman named Konan. They assigned me to Work with Deidara and Sasori. The other members are Hidan, Kakuzu, Itachi, Kisame, Zetsu, and previously your brother, Orocimaru, who left because he did not agree with reviving the ten tails. There's a man hiding in the shadows, he goes by Tobi, Black Zetsu mentioned him only once in passing, I do not know anything about him."

"Excelent work my child. And how is your Gaara doing?"

"Hopefully I got him to the village in time."

"Yes, it would be unfortunate for him to die..." Kanin says, lacing his fingers together under his chin. "Child, Tsunade contacted me recently, she was asking if your health. Why she worries, I do not know. Then again, maybe it was someone else asking, and her relaying the question."

"If you and Tsunade hadn't been working together all along, I'd really feel like I was in a dark place right now..."

"Yes, you only found out because we thought it was time. You're a spy, just like Itachi, though, only two others knew about that. The third Hokage, and Itachi himself. Itachi only does it now because he knows he can't go back. Kasina, are you planning to stay in the Akatsuki?"

"No, I've found out enough, I don't want Gaara or anyone else to hate me more then they already do."

"I understand. In that case, I've chosen some new clothes for you, they are in your room."

"Thank you master Kanin."

Kasina heads to her room, only to be stopped by the familiar face of the man leaning against her door. Someone she hadn't seen in a while, someone, who was showing a lot of skin, someone who she really didn't want to talk to...

"Sasuke..."

-----------------------------------

So there you guys go, the long awaited chapter 9. I didn't forget about you, don't worry. I'm leaving you on a cliffhanger, which I know you guys hate. But hey, let me know what you guys think. We're number 5 in the Gaara hash tag! That's pretty cool!!!

So guys...

Gaara

OR

Sasuke?

Leave your answers in the comments and let me know what you guys think. Also, let me know what you guys think of the new cover?? I can't get the old one back so I hope you like it.

☆CharmerBlossom☆