Chapter 8- "I'm sorry..."

Its been 2 days and Orochimaru's begun experimenting on me and I can't say that I like it. The only good thing about being here is Sasuke and I only see him at night. During the day he's out training and I'm left with Orochimaru and sometimes Kabuto comes in.

To say the least I prefer Orochimaru better than Kabuto. His experiments are 10 times as painful. Sasuke doesn't know that they experiment on me... He just thinks that I sit and read all day... He never sees how much pain I'm in because I never show him... he wouldn't take it very well.

The third day was even worse. He broke my leg and injected me with many serums to attempt to fix it but none worked, they just caused more pain. Later that night I was laying up in bed with my broken leg when Sasuke walked in.

"Hey Kasina, you're in bed early." He says, a slight smirk on his face.

"Umm... Yeah..."

"Something wrong?"

"Just tired." I sigh. "Sasuke, let's go to sleep."

"Kasina, you're lying." he says looking at me with a stern look.

"I can't tell you..."

"Kasina..."

"Orochimaru and Kabuto  leave been experimenting on me..."

"I'm gonna make them pay, Kasina. I swear to you."

"Sasuke, we seriously dont need you doing that... just... help me get away. I'll go rogue... I cant stay hwre anymore."

Sasuke sighs, scratching the back of his neck. "Are you sure? Its dangerous being a rogue ninja..."

"I'm positive." I reply.

My injuries had already started healing themselves and would quite possibly be healed by midnight. I lay my hand on Sasuke's cheek, before leaning in and kissing him lightly.

"I'll leave at midnight. You can get me out right?" I ask, my hand still resting on his cheek.

"Of course. There is no greater pleasure than helping you get out of harms reach.. Under one condition."

"And whats that?"

"You'll meet me once a week. I'll send you a message telling you where."

"That might be difficult..."

"Well, will you at least try?"

"Of course."

~*~*~*~*~ (I accidentally slip into third person, so it'll be like this for a while. Personally, I prefer it this way. Let me know what you guys prefer.)

Later that night, Sasuke helps her escape. He leads her to the front entrance and stops to say his goodbye.

"Kasina... please take this..." Sasuke says before tying a necklace around her neck.

"Thank you Sasuke. For everything."

"It was nothing."

She smiles before walking off, heading to who knows where.

~*~*~

A year and 6 months later, Kasina was an unofficial part of the Akatsuki. Itachi had found her, saw her necklace, and taken her under his wing. She had once feared the Akatsuki, however now, they treated her like family. She enjoyed hanging out with Deidara and Hidan the most. Over the last year, she had grown weary of Sasuke's clingyness, and had broken up with him. She had been single for about six months, and was loving it. She barely thought about Sasuke, or even Gaara for that matter.

"Kasina!" Deidara yells. "Sasori and I are heading out on a mission. You wanna come with us?"

"Sure just give me ten minuted to get ready." She says before heading to her room and getting dressed to go out.

Ten minutes later, Deidara knocks. "You ready?"

"Of course." She says, opening the door and walking out. Her hair, now fully red again, was cut off at the waist, however, she had it braided, so it would somewhat stay out of the way. The left side of her head was shaved, courtesy of Hidan thinking it would be fun to cut it really awkwardly while she was asleep, because this was the only way to fix it.

"Looking stunning as always." Deidara lays a hand on her head and grins. "Sasori my man! We're waiting on you!"

When Sasori finally gets ready they all head out. They head to the sand village before Kasina stops them.

"Deidara, Sasori, why are we here...?"

"To kidnap the Kazekage, Gaara."

"You... cant be serious..."

"You back out on us now, we will leave you here for the desert birds." Sasori says.

"Okay, fine." She reply, realizing how hard this would actually be. Gaara was her friend... an ex boyfriend... this would kill her to hurt him like this, not that she hadn't already broken his heart.

Deidara smiles, looking at Sasori. "Kasina and I got this. You just wait here."

"Hurry. You know I hate to be kept waiting..." He replies.

Deidara just nods and creates a giant clay bird for us to get into the village. They both climb on and it takes off. Soon, they're spotted and they have ninjas trying to shoot them down. Deidara sends Kasina to fetch Gaara.

As soon as she steps foot into his room, shes enveloped in a tight hold of sand.

"You really think I'd... wait... Kasina!?"

"Heyyyy... Gaara..."

"You're with the Akatsuki?" He says, the hurt clearly showing in his beautiful seafoam eyes. "I thought you were better than that..."

"Gaara... There aren't words to explain how sorry I am for hurting you. However, I am no where close to the person I used to be. I'm not a good person anymore. I doubt my parents would be happy with what I've become, but I'm not sure I can change back anymore. Not with everything that I have to people. I've hurt so many innocent people, Gaara... and That's unforgivable."

Gaara looks at Kasina, the sand getting ever tighter around her, almost to the point where it would start crushing the bones.

"G-Gaara... I don't want to die..." She says in a whisper and the sand releases her. She steps forward and hugs him. "I'm so sorry we had to meet again like this. I really hate what I've become..." She looks into his eyes before taking out a powder and blowing it in his face. His eyes glaze over and he passes out.

Deidara was at the window, waiting, as Kasina picks up the unconscious Gaara. "I'm sorry..." she whispers, before he and Deidara fly off into the night.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Well. I've returned. I'm sorry for the huge time skip and unexpected third person. I'm more comfortable writing in third person, so I may keep the rest of the book that way. Sorry for taking literally forever to get back to work on this. I'm in the middle of my Senior year of highschool, I have a job, and to be honest, writing sort of... left me for a while... but I'm back, a newfownd spark. Now, I'm not gonna promise anything but I will attempt to have a chapter out every/every other Saturday.

So tell me your thoughts? Will Gaara ever forgive her? What happened with Sasuke? When will Mallory ever get on a proper uploading schedule!?!?

And now, one of my favorite parts...

Sasuke!

Or

Gaara!

See you guys soon,

~CharmerBlossom~