"I am her maid of honor," Leona replied, her voice colder than usual.

"Whatever, Sorceress, hurry up and put on your dress. It's almost time." Bethany barked out the order, pointing to the dress in the zipped up garment bag.

Riley hadn't even seen her dress yet. After the bridesmaid dress incident not going Bethany's way, she took it upon herself to pick out Riley's dress without Riley getting the chance to see it. Today would be the first time and it terrified Riley what god-awful monstrosity Bethany chose to put Riley in. Riley's mouth dropped open in shock at the sight of the dress when Bethany pulled it from the bag.

"I picked a winner?" Bethany grinned as she stood there with her hands on her hips, smirking, "Go on try it on!"

Riley nodded as she let Bethany help her into the dress examining the beading all over the dress as it hung dangerously low off her shoulders, leaving her back partially exposed against a network of lace and beads. The dress hugged her waist before spiraling down in a magnificent train of lace and beading, not quite a ballgown giving her bottom half some shape as she turned.

"Damn, my ass looks good."

"Turn around, let me add the finishing touch." Riley obeyed as she turned from the mirror in the room, glancing out at the window.

Bethany whipped her back around letting her see what the final product was. Riley let out a gasp, falling forward as tears welled in her eyes. The only thing she could think of was Kenny in that moment. Of everything that could happen, getting all dressed up like this, and it wasn't even for him. She wouldn't be able to see his face as she walked down the aisle, no it would be Luke instead. She looked like the ice queen with her beaded veil placed atop her head flowing out amongst her dress.

"Riley!" Leona bent down next to her as Riley continued to sob. The more upset she got, the more electricity began to spark in the room.

"Well, this is a first," one of the makeup artists muttered as they glanced up at the lights and down at the sobbing bride. Riley pushed Leona away and pulled her knees up to her face, a struggle since the dress was so large to maneuver in.

"Riley, stop, you are going to ruin the dress!" Bethany snapped.

There was a pounding on the hotel room door before it was swung open, Michael Noble and a few of his lackeys standing in the hallway in search of the cause for the commotion. Leona pushed herself back down towards Riley, her lips brushing against the girl's ear. "Pull yourself together, you are in no shape to fight him right now."

Riley nodded, wiping the tears from her eyes, letting Leona help her stand. She brushed off her dress, turning to eye Michael who glared at her in the doorway. "Sorry, I was just in shock at how beautiful I looked."

"Whatever, fix your makeup. The wedding is about to begin." Michael turned, slamming the doors behind him. The rest of the bridesmaids eyed Riley, unsure of how she was going to react.

"Girls, go get in your positions!" Bethany barked out her orders, pushing everyone from the room. Leona was the last to leave, offering Riley a supportive smile before putting on her normal act as soon as she walked out of the room.

Bethany pushed the makeup and hair team from the room too leaving just her and Riley. Riley crossed her arms, glaring at one of her enemies. Bethany took a glance out the window, then back at Riley, her eyes narrowed in distaste.

"She's Leila, isn't she?"

Riley's face drained of color that Riley saw through the act. She tried to find an excuse, but Bethany continued speaking. "I thought something was off after she returned from the press conference. She put up a good act, but not good enough."

"Don't you dare lay a hand on her!"

Bethany sighed, shaking her head. "Honestly, I prefer Leila to that crazy bitch. I'll let her continue with her act. It's not like she's in the position to do much damage."

Riley was at a loss for words. She glanced back outside to the falling snow before turning her attention back to Bethany. "I may not like you, but I don't want any harm coming to your unborn child. I'd suggest getting out of here while you have the chance."

She pushed past her former spell-master without another word or any further explanation, heading out into the hallway. Luke didn't have to tell her the truth, Riley was able to figure it out on her own through her own observations. If Bethany chose to listen or not was beyond Riley's control. 

~~~~~

I know there wasn't much action this chapter, but the final battle scenes are coming! Will Riley have the strength to fight? Will her friends come to her rescue and stop the wedding? Stay tuned to see! Hopefully, the next chapter will be posted by next week, but I can't make any promises. 

Feel free to share/comment/vote if you enjoyed this chapter and thanks for reading if you've made it this far!