feels •shawn mendes• ch. 9

I walk inside school and immediately I'm ambushed by my friends screaming in my ear.

"CAN YOU NOT?" I say, "it hurts my ears."

Tatum ignores me, pulling me by my arm until we get to her locker.

"Please don't be mad!" She pleads when we stop walking.

"Why would I be mad?" I ask her, and I'm scared of what she's going to say next.

"Well, I-" She starts to talk but is interrupted by a guys voice yelling out:

"Why is it your business who I fuck?"

We turn around and gasp. The voice belongs to Danny, who's yelling at shawn.

"Because you're a heartbreaker, dude. You don't know how to properly treat a girl." Shawn replies, and then he looks in my direction.

My knees shake a little as Tatum looks at me strangely along with half the school.

"So do you have anything you'd like to tell me?" She asks, but then the bell rings.

"Whoops. That's the bell! Gotta get to class." I mentally thank the lady who sets the bell times and run off, leaving Tatum there alone.

...

At lunch time, I'm walking with my friends and as we go to sit down, we pass none other than shawns friends table.

I nearly gag when I see Danny wink at Tatum and Tatum put her hand out to his and squeeze it in response.

"Hey, babe." Danny drawls, and I think I might faint.

Babe?? Tatum is dating Danny Lewis?? I mean, it's not like I can really say anything. After all, shawn and I are something. I wouldn't call us even a thing, but I don't like the term friends with benefits. Whatever. Overall shawns a better person, and I can't believe Tatum fell for Danny's greasy looking product filled blonde hair and skinny arms. At least shawn has muscles. What the actual hell?

"Uh, what the hell is this that I'm seeing? I feel like I've been through hell." I glance at Tatum.

"I was trying to tell you earlier..."

I ignore her and go to sit down at our table but shawn stops me.

"Hannon." He says, and I look at him in shock. "You have a damn big attitude."

I roll my eyes and reply, "try me."

He pulls out his phone and texts someone. I hear a buzz in my pocket and I look down at my phone.

SHAWN: try me? is that a threat?

I turn a little bit red and walk away, ignoring the stares of my friends.

My phone buzzed again and it's another text from shawn.

SHAWN: Meet me in the stairwell in 5.

I gulp and look at my friends.

"I gotta go. Forgot I have to go see my math teacher for something."

They nod and I get up quickly, glancing at shawn as I go. He looks at me and smirks a little.

I'm waiting for him for what seems like forever, when finally I hear footsteps and shawn appears in front of me.

"You said to try you. I guarantee I can have you falling at my feet in seconds." He says huskily.

My knees shake as I reply, "and how are you going to do that?"

I raise my eyebrows at him and suddenly he backs me against the wall.

"Just like this." He whispers before getting close to me.

The second our lips are about to touch and my hands hit his hair, shawn pulls back. I glare at him as he laughs little bit.

"Told you." He says smugly, and I go to hit his shoulder.

He catches my hand in his and stares at me for a little while.

"What do you want?" I ask him, and he says simply:

"You."

I blush and reply, "we're at school."

"Doesn't matter. It doesn't change how I feel. Besides I've decided I can't wait another day or so. Come over after school."

I stutter, "b-but I was just over yesterday. Won't someone notice if I'm there again?"

"No one will be home besides Aaliyah, and she doesn't care." Shawn reassured me, and I nod.

He pulls me close to him, and all of a sudden we hear footsteps.

"Shit. Go! Hide." I whisper to him, and I walk towards the voices.

It's Tatum and Piper and Kat and all our other friends.

"Aubrey! Where did you come from?" Kat asks.

"Oh, I was coming down from talking to my math teacher." I reply, and Tatum narrows her eyes.

"You do realize the math classrooms are downstairs." Piper says slowly.

"Oh, did I say math? I meant science, silly me." I stutter quickly, and for some reason they believe me.

After school I walk quickly to shawn's car and make sure no one can see me.

"You sure about this?" I ask him as I get in.

He nods and squeezes my hand.

"Aubrey...you worry too much. You're in my hands now, I got you."

Something about the way he says that makes me blush, and I turn and face the window.

"Hey." He says gently, turning off the car, "yesterday you said you trusted me."

"I do. I just don't know if I trust myself." I blurt, turning red. "So many things could go wrong and—"

Shawn interrupts me by kissing me. I immediately stop talking and he backs away and looks at me.

"I said I got you." He says.

This boy really has no idea what he does to me.

*SHAWN POV*

Looking at her in the passenger seat of my car makes me happy. Yeah sure, she has a good body, but that's not why I chose her. It's about the chase. She's not like the rest of them. She has this shield up in front of her that I've managed to break. The girl on the inside is beautiful.

"I said, I got you." Shes got me whipped, i swear.

When we get to my house, I immediately usher her to my room and remember that my mom said she would be home earlier than usual today. I have no idea what that means, she didn't specify. That gives us less time than I'd like.

Shit.

We sit on my bed talking for a while before I decide, fuck it.

Everything moves faster than usual, and soon we're lying on the bed sweating. She turns and looks at me, and smiles a little.

"You look different. Happier. Fresher, like this awoke something in you. You just look brighter. And kind of glowy." She tells me softly.

"I am happy." I tell her, and as I pull her close I realize I truly mean it.

Damn, shawn. You said no feelings.