Personal 31

I would play the music while reading but that's if you only wanna cry--A

I would play the music while reading but that's if you only wanna cry--A.A. xoxo

Personal 31

Afia POV (third)

One month prior

Her hands tapped nervously against the café table, she had been putting this off both by accident and purpose, did she think that she was really going to take this serious. Everything she did in her life was to please others and now she was doing something that was going to please herself, closing her eyes she groaned and tried to get rid of the dirty thought from thinking that.

But Afia always thought the acts she has done was for the greater good, and now she was actually doing something for herself. So she was second thinking things, like would she really make a good chef, yes, she knew how to follow an ingredient lists and knew how to throw some things together and make a masterpiece, but would she really be the next big chef.

Sighing she tried to not grip her hair, these thoughts had been driving her absolutely crazy, and it was the only thing she could to try and find some relief in her mind, "Afia?"

Turning to look up from what she was doing she saw a beautiful caramel skinned woman with long gray box braids, that seemed to match her stormy gray eyes, this was Professor Jones wife, not saying that Professor Jones was hard on the eyes, you just wouldn't have thought that she would have been his wife, the woman who literally had a body like J-lo, smiling she nodded, "You must be Jewel."

Sitting across from her Jewel smiled, and had Afia wondering if this girl was really a mother and in her early forties, "Yes, Tevin has told me so much about you I'm guessing this meeting was very long overdue...how are you doing?"

Usually when someone used to ask her this question she would tell a lie and cover up how she was really feeling, but ever since she was going to go see her therapists, Afia knew that it was no good in trying to hold everything in at a time, so she found herself being unusually honest, "Surprisingly fine but you know you have to take things in day by day."

Nodding she tossed a single braid behind her shoulder, "Tevin has told me that you want to open your own restaurant?"

"Uh I don't know about that, well I mean I always loved to cook and I love what my food does to others. It's like a distraction, you know something that helps take your mind off of everything, with Ben he has football, with my friend Justice she can dive head first into her studies, while me I didn't have anything and then I figured out the only thing I did have was spices and pots." Afia explained looking down at her hands, "My life has never been easy, and I am not the most decisive person in the world, but I think I really do want to do this."

Finally looking up at her she saw that Jewel was looking at her with a light look in her eyes and a small smile on her face, "You sound so much like me when I was your age it's crazy, but I think—no I know you can do this Afia, my academy isn't supposed to make a chef it's supposed to groom that chef into becoming great."