Personal 14

Personal 14

Afia P.O.V.

The Next Day...

Benjamin and I didn't end up going to sleep until about four, I stayed up because I did not want him to go out and do anything crazy. He had told me about what was said to cause the whole altercation, and I felt bad because if he ended up getting suspended from a game, it would be on me.

There was a knock on the door and I frowned, I wasn't expecting anyone, Charlotte wasn't supposed to be here for another hour or two, Justice had class, and Angelo was away on business. I couldn't understand who it could have been. I slipped out bed, careful not to wake Benjamin and I slipped on my robe and walked briskly to the door.

When I opened it there was no one there, I poked my head out the door to see that it was empty. Looking down I saw an envelope, it had my name labeled on the front in neat cursive handwriting.

I grabbed the note and shut the door softly behind me, and walked to the kitchen to get started on breakfast, sitting the note on the counter. As I pulled out the stuff I needed to help me cook, something kept nagging at me in the back of my mind to just open that damn letter, it could be something important.

Sighing, I grabbed the letter and I looked in the top left corner for an address, but it didn't have one, it didn't even have my address on it just my name, that handwriting, it seemed so familiar, I couldn't get over it. Deciding not to let it distract me I opened the letter and unfolded the lined paper. My eyes ran over the words for a minute and it took me a minute for my mind to clarify what it meant and what it said. I dropped the letter as if it was on fire, backing away from the letter, I jumped when I bumped into the counter, terrified that someone was standing behind me.

How in the hell...this couldn't be real, no it couldn't be, I refused to believe that it was him? How could he have found me, I left him in Texas. I blinked away tears as I placed shaky hands on my stomach. I took cautious steps back to the letter and I looked in the envelope and my heart dropped, there they were. Photos of me, coming from class, me being with Justice, Ben and I, Charlotte and I, everything. Suppressing a sob, I grabbed the letter and placed it back in the envelope and hid it in a drawer that I knew Ben would never go in.

I refused to tell him, I couldn't have him risk his career for me, not again. Ben's words rang in my ears from last night.

"I was thinking about how much I would really kill over you."

I made my decision, I wasn't going to tell Ben until I knew that he was gone, I was not going to put him in that position where he would have to choose.

Disgusted I washed my hands and went back to cooking, hoping that it would take my mind off the letter. I shuffled around the kitchen quietly, wiping my eyes of tears every now and then. How could I think that I could be happy? In what world will I ever be able to escape my past and live my future?