Personal 15

Personal 15

AFIA POV

THREE WEEKS LATER (SEPTEMBER 14th)

The letters had become nonstop, it went from two a day to five a day and he ended up changing his number and now his texts and calls have become nonstop, at one point he left over fifty voice mails in a day. I found myself becoming more paranoid and sinking back into that state that I was in before I came to California. The drawer was starting to become overfilled with letters, that had threatening messages in them.

I was at home alone, and Benjamin was away for travel games, and he wouldn't be home until next week. I was on edge and I was terrified of what could happen, even though Ben didn't know about it, he still made me feel safe. I had the game turned on and UCLA was winning by twenty-points and they had a few more minutes to go. The camera flicked to Benjamin talking to Jackson, as they probably discussed the best play to do. The duo had quickly become popular in the sports world, it seemed like everywhere we went people would let them know how amazing they were. UCLA was on top and for the first time in decades and everyone took notice, and when I say everyone I meant everyone, now everyone knew that I was 'Big Bad Benjamin's baby mama.'.

I rolled my eyes at the thought, how in the hell had I lost my identity. Did I blame Ben, of course not he can't help what comes out of others mouths, but I do blame the people who made it a fucking hashtag. Shifting uncomfortably, I adjusted the pillow that was behind me, being six months pregnant had to be the hardest month I been through. My stomach doubled the size, my feet were swollen almost all the time, and I don't even want to talk about my back.

Rubbing tiny circles around my stomach, I silently cheered at the victory, I was happy that they made a positive turn from last week's game. They lost by a point in overtime and I could tell that Ben was disappointed.

My phone vibrated and I rolled my eyes, what the hell could he have to say now, you would think that he would have run out of things to say.

I'm close enough to kill you right now.

My eyes immediately turned to the unlocked room door, I quickly got out of the bed and locked the door, and at that moment the doorknob began to jiggle. I stepped back from the door, my heart was going a thousand miles per hour and oxygen wasn't completely getting to my brain.

Placing a protective hand on my stomach I ran to my cell phone, and immediately dialed 911, "Leave or I am calling the police."
"I just want to talk Afia." His sickly-sweet voice said.

"LEAVE!" I screamed.

"Remember when I told you this isn't over, I meant it bitch." He stated before suddenly the jiggling stopped.

I waited for two hours before even thinking about putting my phone down, I refused to let him think that my guard was down. I let the sob that was strangling my throat out, it had gone too far this time, what if I didn't lock the door in time or what if he got in, I would be dead, even worse Amara would be dead.