Personal 9

Personal 9

Afia P.O.V.

Friday (After the Game)

I could not believe that he would have said that, granted I would have not understood, because I did not play the stupid sport, but he would have not understood how it is to be a girlfriend to a football player. Having to know you come second to something that is not tangible, sucks and can be annoying. To know that the person you love could die, also sucks to.

"Are you fu-" I started, but interrupted by the football team.

"What's up man?" Jackson said dapping Benjamin.

Benjamin not breaking my stare said, "Nothing man."

"How are you holding up?" Jontavian said also dapping Benjamin.

Not wanting to be around him anymore I got up and left the room. I went back to the waiting room and that's when I saw Benjamin's parents.

"Afia how is Benjamin." Charlotte said getting up, I could see worry in her eyes.

"Why don't you go see him for yourself." I said nodding towards the door.

She nodded but stayed in front of me, and then she did something that shocked the hell out of me, she hugged me. The cold-hearted bitch, also known as Charlotte Waters, hugged me. Shocked I didn't hug her back.

She then whispered, "I am so sorry Afia, for everything, I truly am."

"I-it's fine." I stuttered.

She pulled away and then walked back to the room.

"Afia I would like to have that talk now." Jonathan said not moving from his spot.

"Don't you want to go see your son?"

"He can wait." He shrugged.

This man had no care for anyone, not even his own son. The balls on this man was impeccable.

Sighing I sat down and stared straight ahead.

"I am going to cut to the point, I don't want you to be with my son."

I wasn't shock, he hasn't wanted me to be with Benjamin since I was first introduced to him.

"What about your grandchild?" I said not breaking my stare down with the wall.

"What about it?"

"Her."

"What?"

"That it, is a her, your first grandchild is a girl."

"I will keep the two of you comfortable."

"I don't want your money."

"Well then you can leave, and very quietly."

"And I won't do that either."

"Excuse me."

"See you might control everyone else around you, But I refuse for you to break us up, granted he can be the biggest pain in the ass, but he is my pain in the ass and I once again refuse to leave him. Amara, your grandchild, and I are going to be in your 'son's' life now with that being said you can kiss my proud black ass and watch it walk on the way out." I said and then got up and walked out of the hospital.

---

Wednesday (One Week Later)

It had been one week, and Benjamin's parents left the day after the game, as promised. I had not spoken to Benjamin also since the game, and vice versa. The house had been eerily quiet and uncomfortable, I was still pissed at the backwards statement he made, and he was still pissed at the fact that he thought I didn't understand.