Chapter 4: The Time I Got Reincarnated As A Dog (Exaggerated)

Percy's POV

I close my eyes.

Any other form will do, just change me. I can't go back now like.. like me.

I felt my body shrink and compact into a wolf's form. My muscle felt contorted and I felt my teeth become sharper into canines. I wait a few moments to make sure she was done, and then I open my eyes.

There was Artemis still kneeling there, in all her glory. She was one of the only goddesses I looked up to. She hates men, but calls me the 'last decent one' which makes me laugh.

"Thank you" My voice doesn't come out of my throat but instead just exists around the air. It freaks me out before settling.

She smiles down at me, "No prob, but we have to get going." And she opens a portal.

Dread fills my stomach as I peer into it. I could catch small glimpses of Olympus if I looked closely enough.

"I'm not looking forward to this." I state before stepping through with Artemis stepping through behind me.

. . .

Once walking through the plaza I feel a weird presence, like someone had their eyes on me.

"Hey Artemis," I said. She looks over to me nonchalant.

"Yeah? Are you okay?" She asks.

"We need to walk faster now. I feel like someone spotted me and I don't have a good feeling about it."

"Who-" she looks behind her, "oh, her. Okay." We 'nonchalantly' walked faster.

"Artemis! Wait!" The goddess calls.

Artemis turns on her heels with the fakest smile you can imagine. I hid behind her legs with my tail between my legs the best I could. Although that didn't go to plan because I am much larger than I expected.

The goddess catches up to us and wheezes while trying to catch her breath.

"Artemis- wait" she says once more.

"I'm currently waiting for you already. What do you need Oizys?" Artemis places her hand on her hip.

Oizys, the goddess of Misery and Anxiety. The two things that have plagued me since before I left Camp Half Blood.

She stands up to look Artemis in the eyes and she smiled. "Sorry!! I just heard that you and the council got a hold of Percy's whereabouts and went to find him! And I wondered if you found him! Because I sensed a lot of dread and other mixed emotions and got worried.." She put her pointer fingers together and pushes them together.

Artemis shifts uncomfortably and rubs her shoulder to ease herself.

"We did find him, yes. But his condition wasn't the best. So we are trying to be careful with him so he doesn't have a panic attack or jumps off a roof again."

Her hands fly to her mouth when her eyes open wide, "HE JUMPED OFF A ROOF!!?? Oh my! Is he okay??!"

Artemis lunges for her and covers her mouth with her hand.

"Shh!!! And yeah he did! Scared me shitless before I caught him! Slightly panicked, but I think he'll be alright."

Oizys sighs in relief. Artemis releases her from her grasp and steps back towards me. I wrap my body around her legs.
Oizys bends down and extents the back of her hand towards me to sniff. For the time being I don't want anyone to figure out its me so I act like I sniffed her hand and allow her to pet me.