Second Exam: Forest of Death

Beginne am Anfang

Suddenly Natsuki jolted her head up with wide eyes showing concern and a hint of fear. She snapped her head over to where I left the others.

"Natsuki, what's wrong?" After no reply I turned to look where she was and saw that wacko instructor licking blood off Naruto's cheek.

The instructor suddenly pulled out a kunai from no where and for a minute there I thought she was gonna kill Naruto. Natsuki must've thought the same thing because her body tensed and she was about to charge at Anko. However the outcome wasn't what we thought, instead of attacking and killing Naruto, she pointed the kunai at a woman with a freakishly long tongue holding a kunai standing behind her.

I was too far away to hear what was being said so I kinda just watched what they were doing.

The two woman glared at each other and began discussing something. Natsuki's ears started twitching so she must be listening to their conversation.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

"Seems that that Anko woman threw a kunai and cut Naruto and that woman with the crazy long tongue got a little to excited at the sight of spilt blood..." She explains.

'Oh so nothing important.'

"Okay maggots, listen up! I'm going to pass around some papers for you to sign. These are consent forms that you all must sign before we begin the next stage." Anko explains.

"Eh? What for?"

"Well some of you will die in there, so we need your consent basically saying that it's not our fault if you die." She explained with a closed eye smile. Everyone sweat dropped.

"Now let me explain the rules to the next stage. First, this is a survival test. The 44th training area is a secular region surrounded by 44 locked gate entrances. There's a river, the forest and a tower in the middle. The tower is approximately 10 km away from the gates. Inside this limited space you'll have to go through a specific survival program. The program consists of a competition of anything goes.... for these scrolls." Anko says and pulls out two different scrolls.

'Scrolls?'

"These are the scrolls of Heaven and Earth. You will fight over these scrolls. 26 teams in total passed the first stage. Half of the teams will get Scroll of Heaven while the other half get the Scroll of Earth. Each team will get one of these scrolls. Simply you have to fight over these scrolls until you have one of each scroll. Once you do, head to the tower before the time is up. Your time limit will be 5 days."

"In other words, 13 teams, or half the people here that get their scrolls stolen will fail." I confirm. The examiner nods yes and continues her explanation.

"Yes, but in the time limit of 5 days don't forget."

"What five days!?!?"

"W-what about food!?"

"And a place to rest!?"

"And water or a shower!?"

"For food and water you'll have to find it yourself. There's plenty of things in the forest for you to eat. As for a place to rest... well you'll be sleeping outdoors."

"There are a lot of man-eating beasts, poisonous bugs and poisonous plants." Kabuto says.

"Not to mention we'll be surrounded by enemies." I added. "We won't be able to sleep in peace."

Natsuki grips onto my sleeve tightly and listens intently to what is being said. 'She must still be worried...'

"Correct. People will get hurt over fighting for the scrolls, and those who cannot bear this program strictness will emerge, as well."

Shikamaru raises his hand to ask a question, "Um, are we allowed to leave in between?"

"As a rule you're not allowed to give up during the exam. You'll spend five days in the forest. While we're on this topic there are conditions that will fail you. First, teams that cannot bring their scrolls along with their three teammates to the tower will fail. Second, the team that loses a teammate or produces an unrecoverable teammate will fail. Also you're not allowed to look inside the scrolls until you reach the tower."

"What happens if you look?" Naruto asks.

A smirk played at Anko's lips.

"That's a surprise you'll see when you look at it."

I let out an annoyed sigh... theses explanations take forever...

"If you become a Chunin you'll be handling top secret documents. It is to determine your reliability. Right! That's it for the explanation." Anko exclaims and points to a wooden stall, "You will trade in your teams consent forms and get a scroll and a number. The number is your gate. Once you have done this go find your gate and wait till the starting of the exam. And here's a last piece of advise...... don't die!"

We all nod, sign our forms and go turn them in. After getting our scroll and number we go to our gate, Gate 12.

"Alright! I'm all pumped and ready to go! We'll beat all those who get near us and take their scrolls and get one step closer to becoming Chunin!!" Naurto exclaims and raises his fist to the air. If anything he gave us all a slight confidence boost.

I glanced over at Natsuki and noticed she was still a little bit jumpy. I placed my hand on her shoulder causing her to look up at me. I gave her one of my signature Uchiha smirks to ensure her everything will be fine. I guess it worked, because she gave me a soft smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"Let's win this thing and go home." I said.

"Un!" She nodded and became more like the Natsuki I know, energetic and head strong.

The gates suddenly opened as a signal that the second stage of the exam has begun. We all exchanged nods and charged into the forest.

We were barely 5 minutes into the forest before we heard a scream.

"W-was that a scream just now?" Sakura said shaking. "I'm starting to get nervous...."

"T-there's nothing to worry about Sakura-chan!" Naruto exclaimed.

There was a moment of silence before anyone spoke again.

"I got to pee." Naruto said turning around and unzipping his pants, lucky for us Sakura pounded him over the head and made him go away from us.

Naruto ran behind a bush and after a couple of minutes came back out.

"Ah, I peed a lot! I spelt my whole name!" He joked earning him another smack over the head by Sakura.

All of a sudden Natsuki jumped and kicked Naruto into a tree. My eyes widened at the wolf girl and her actions to her best friend.

"Natsuki! You didn't have to go that far!" Sakura screeched. But that didn't stop Natsuki. She continued to pound her fist into Naruto making him fly back.

"Oi Natsuki, what are you doin-"

"You're not Naruto, who the hell are you?" She snarled. My eyes flicked from her to Nartuto. My eyes widened in realisation. This blonde in front of us wasn't who we thought at first.

If it's not Naruto then who is it???

==============================================================

Sorry its such a small chapter and I decided to leave it on a cliff hanger (don't hate me) but I will continue it when I can so wait for me (^_^)

See you~