How Can you be Sure?

It was the morning and Claudia had just walked into Nathan's apartment and into his room. She crawled onto his bed and laid beside him.

"Hey you, wake up." Claudia whispered in his ear smiling.

"Hey." Nathan said groggy as he had just woke up. "I didn't even hear you come in." Nathan smiling at his girlfriend.

"Well you didn't hear your alarm clock either." Claudia joked.

"That's cause it didn't go off. Everybody gets up at six. Geez." Nathan retorted back.

"Well, time to get up." Claudia said as she slapped his leg. She started to get off the bed but Nathan grabbed her back.

"I am up. Come here." He whispered and they began to kiss until Nathan's alarm went off.

"Oh, I'll get that." Claudia smiled as she bent over to turn it off. Nathan saw the tattoo. "You want me to start your shower?" Claudia asked and Nathan looked as confused as hell.

"Uh, yeah. Thanks." Nathan stuttered awkwardly as Claudia got up and left. 

___

Claudia and Nathan ran in after being in the pool. Nathan threw her a towel which she caught.

"You hungry?" Nathan asked laughed and Claudia placed her arms around his neck.

"Oh, I'm hungry for you." Claudia said going in for a kiss but Nathan turned his head and stepped back.

"No I'm serious. We can heat something up, or go out and eat if you want to." Nathan said and Claudia raised an eyebrow at him.

"What's wrong?" Claudia asked and this time she was the confused one.

"Nothing, I'm just hungry." Nathan answered monotone.

"I don't buy it. Talk to me." Claudia stated as she walked up to her boyfriend.

"I just don't feel like making out, that's all." Nathan replied cryptically and Claudia raised her eyebrows in shock.

"You realize you just said that, right?" Claudia joked but she stopped laughed when she realised that Nathan was being serious. "Since when?" Claudia asked seriously.

"Since you got my jersey number tattooed on your ass." Nathan snapped back and Claudia froze, she couldn't move.

"Oh. Above my ass, actually." Claudia muttered but Nathan didn't look to amused. "When did you see that?" She asked awkwardly.

"This morning." Nathan answered bluntly.

"Does that bother you?" Claudia asked drying her hair with the towel.

"I'm just confused as hell. I mean you'll do something that permanent, but you won't have sex with me." Nathan exclaimed confused.

"You can get a tattoo removed, Nathan. sex is a really big deal for me." Claudia stated as she backed away from Nathan.

"I get that. That's why I haven't been pressuring you into it." Nathan replied and Claudia looked at him like 'are you serious?'.

"The way you're not pressuring me right now." Claudia scoffed.

"I'm going to heat up some food." Nathan said before he walked away, Claudia, however, was not finished.

"Nathan what do you want me to do?" Claudia asked walking behind him.

"What do you mean?" Nathan asked confused and agitated.

"Do you want me to just give myself to you?" Claudia asked and Nathan rolled his eyes.