Hercules

Constellation: Hercules

Brightest Star: Kornephoros

I looked down at the unfolded paper airplane in my hands. I was a bit stunned, to say the least. No one had ever written me anything like this before. I wasn't sure where to go from here. Should I go across the street and introduce myself? Should I pretend I never got it?

After thinking about it, ignoring seemed like the easiest and best thing to do. Then I suddenly had a great idea.

I would simply write and send a letter back the same way this one had been received. Very original; I know.

This wasn't exactly how it was supposed to happen. This wasn't supposed to be the next door neighbor love story. I was supposed to have a best friend. Someone to talk to when I needed to vent. Someone I could completely be myself around. I wasn't sure if I wanted this.

My fingers gripped my favorite pen. It was green, and had little pink jolly ranchers all over it. It lightly touched my leather bound notebook. My notebook was usually reserved for things about the stars, but tonight I would borrow a sheet of paper for something of another kind.

Before writing I took my right hand and safely tucked the sacred letter into my notebook. It was worthy of being part of something that was close to my heart.

With a shaky breathe and shaky hands I began writing.

"Hello Christopher,

You can't be anymore awkward than me! Please come out soon. I want to know who my new best friend is. It really is wonderful out here.

Your new neighbor,

Mackenzie"

I leaned back from my bent position over the journal and reread and rethought every word multiple times. I didn't want to seem weird. I didn't want to come on too strong with the whole best friend thing. I didn't want him to be scared off. I needed somebody. I just hoped he was ready to be my friend.

I fold the sheet of paper into an almost exact replica of the one that had been sent to me. I slowly raised my arm to throw it across to the other roof, but then brought it down and stared at it. The second thoughts and doubts were quickly creeping into my mind.

Before they could fully take charge I let the little plane made of paper leave my fingertips to start it's short trip to the roof across from me. I could only hope that he would find it quickly and send a reply back.

I leaned back and let a few tears leak through. I had spent too much of my day crying, but I couldn't help it. What I had been told was a lot to handle, sometimes too much.

I let myself have a pity party before pulling myself away from the curled up positions and now damp pillow. My stars were here and they demanded to be looked at.

I had wasted the day away, and now it was nearing 11:11 according to my phone. I didn't believe in wishing on it, but it was a time that meant something. 3:15, 8:34, or even 10:10 had no meanings. They were simply numbers to track the time. Where as 11:11 seemed to be something special. Maybe it worked better than wishing on stars maybe it didn't, it has a different meaning for everyone.

Tonight I looked up at the stars and waited until a shooting star passed me by. Once one did I wished I would stop crying and be strong through whatever trials I would endure in the months to come.

The future was clouded with confusion, and the thought of nothing being planned scared me. I was a girl made of lists and organization. Now there was no plan, and I wasn't sure what to do with myself.

One thing I knew for sure was that my stars would always be here. With that happier thought my tears began to leave and the only way you could tell that they had been there was from the dried tracks of discarded tears running down my cheeks.

Once my eyes were no longer foggy, I could see the stars again. Almost instantly I recognized the constellation Hercules. I had already charted it in my notebook but seeing it at this moment seemed to be a sign.

He was known for his strength and his amazing adventures. I wanted to be like him. I wanted to be strong emotionally, and I wanted to go on my own little adventures. Maybe I wouldn't be fighting mythical lions, but if it feels special then why can't it be called an adventure?

A/N

If you like this please comment and vote! It means the world to me! <3