Tree Bros- Twenty Two

Au where the age you meet your soulmate is tattoed on one of your wrists; It disappears when you meet them.

Connor hated the number on his left wrist. It was different, very different. Twenty two was his number. He was going to meet his soulmate at the age of twenty two. It wasn't fair because mom and dad both met at sixteen and Zoe met her soulmate at thirteen. Why was his so far away? Others had a normal age between ten and twenty, except Michael and Jeremy, they met when they were both five. I guess all he has to do is hang on for as long as he can; it's the only thing he can do.

Connor sighs as he sets his boxes down. He starts his second year of college, he found art to be fairly interesting in high school and wanted a career in the arts. His parents- and teachers- were a little disturbed by what he drew, but it was an outlet and he was happy when ever he drew or painted or sculpted clay.

Connor pulls out his familiar, old black sheets and puts it on his mattress. He came early, so his roommate isn't here and won't be for awhile. He took the best room and switched the crappy mattress with the other one. He laughed evilly to himself. He did the same thing to his last roommate; Brook hated Connor for it, but they had become good friends.

Connor finished setting up his room and he looked at his calendar. His twenty second birthday was a few days before most students come to find their room, which was two days away. He was nervous, honestly. He had no idea if he would meet his soulmate in a class, next year before he turned twenty three, or sometime in between.

Connor wakes to a knock on the door. He grumpily gets out of bed and opens it. A confetti cannon goes off.

“Happy birthday!” Zoe blows into a party blower and his parents stand behind her.

“Yay,” Connor says in a sarcastic tone.

“Come on Connie, lighten up.” Connor’s mother says in a chippy, happy voice.

“No,” He closes the door on his family.

Zoe opens the door and stomps in, “Connor Jay Murphy, it is your birthday! Your going to have fun; like it or not!” Her tone is harsh. She's always spoken to Connor like when she was mad or upset with him.

Connor sat on the couch and growled.

Cynthia and Larry piled in. Cynthia put a cake in the coffee table and Larry set down paper plates and plastic solo cups.

“Bring any bear with you?” Connor eyed his father.

“In your dreams,” Larry said as he places down a two litre bottle of pop.

“I'm over twenty one,” Connor raised his tone a little higher.

“Buy your own beer,” Zoe sat down beside her brother on a springy couch. She shifts on the couch, “How do you sit on this? It's so… pokey.”

“You just do,” Connor shrugs.

Larry cut the cake and put pieces on plates. Connor poured some pop into cups and handed them to his family.

Larry hands his wife and children a piece of cake.

The door opens. A small, blonde headed boy in a light blue polo shirt stands in the door. He has a confused look on his face, “A-am I i-interrupting something?”

“Not at all! In fact, why don't you join us?” Cynthia waves him in.

“No no no, I couldn't!”

“It's okay.”

“You sure?”

Cynthia nods.

This guy sure is insecure. Connor thought to himself.

As soon he sat down beside Larry, he made eye contact with Connor.

Connor felt a sharp pain throb through his left wrist. Connor grabs his wrist and grunts in pain. The same seems to the boy, he just hides the pain, but it's obvious by the look on his face. Everyone else in the room is confused.

“Are you two okay?” Larry looks at the two boys.

“I'm fine,” Connor looks at his wrist. His number is gone! His eyes widen and looks at the boy sitting across from him, “So, what's your name? Your my roommate, right?”

“O-oh, uh, yeah. I-I'm Evan, Hansen.”

“Connor Murphy.”

“It's nice to meet you,” Evan smiles at Connor.

“Nice to meet you too,” A small smile tugs at the corners of Connor’s lips.

Part two? Gimme your thoughts! And your money! Jk, keep your money, but give me your thoughts.