Boyf Riends- Jeremy's New School

Jeremy sat on his bed petting his dog, Guss. He starts at his new school tomorrow, and he was a little nervous. He was flipping through a magazine, thinking about maybe asking his dad to order something out of it. Maybe like a cool new jacket, or a new school bag. The one he had turned into an ugly color. Maybe a bright new red one.

Jeremy turned his head when he heard a knock on the door. “Uh, come in.”

Mr. Heere poked his head into Jeremy's room. “Hey, Jere. How ya doing?”

“I'm fine. Hey, I was wondering if I could order something from this magazine?” He held it up for his dad to see.

“Like what?”

“Maybe a new bag. Or a jaket.”

“Did you find one you like?”

Jeremy nods and flips to a page. Mr. Heere walks up to his son.

“I like this one.” He points to a red bag.

“Okay, is there anything else you want?”

Jeremy flips to a page with a blue jacket. “This, if you don't mind.”

“No it's okay. I'll order them in for ya, kiddo.” Mr. Heere grabs the magazine and walks out.

Jeremy lays down on his bed. “Man. Tomorrow's going to be weird, what do think Guss?”

His dog puts his head on his chest. Jeremy smiled and goes to get ready for bed.

Jeremy looks up from his schedule at his locker. “I'm going to need ask for directions." He kneels down and rubs his dog's back. “C’mon, Guss.” He gets back up and starts to walk down the hall, looking for a group of people he could ask directions from. He glances down at his schedule for just a second and bumps into someone. “Oh, sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going.”

A smaller, Philippineo boy stands in front of him. “Nah, it’s all good.” The boy looks down at Guss. “Is that a service dog?”

“Uh, not, not exactly. He’s a support dog.”

“Cool.” The boy looks back up. “I'm Michael.”

“Jeremy. Hey, can you tell me where the science room is? It's my first day, and I'm a little lost.”

“Yeah, no problem. You go down the hall take a left. It's the third door to your right.”

“Okay, thanks.”

“Hey, tell me what your last class is before lunch. I'll meet you outside and we can eat lunch together.”

“Okay, um.” Jeremy looks at his schedule. “Uh, it's gym, actually.”

“Okay. I'll meet you outside the change rooms before lunch”

“Okay.”

Michael starts to walk off. He walks backwards to shout ‘good luck’ from a couple feet away.

I smile and blush. “Thank you.” I say it to myself . Guss smacks his head against my leg. “Okay, okay. We're going.” I say as I start walking to science class.

I was finishing up in the change rooms, when a two boys came up to me. “Hey, whatcha got there.”

I look at them. “What do mean?”

“What do mean?” The other one mocks. “What do you think I mean, tall ass!?”

“I-I don't know!”

“We're talking about the dog!”

Guss puts his head against my leg. “He’s my support dog.”

“Support dog?”

“Y-yeah.”

“Support for what? Being alone all the time?” Both boys high five.

“No.”

“Does it really matter?”

“Hey!” A familiar voice booms through the change room.

“What do you want, loser?”

Michael stands in the doorway. “Leave Jeremy alone.”

“Jeremy? Is that your name?” The boy's look back at me.

Guss whines. “Uh, yeah?”

“Hmph.” Both boys walk away. Before they leave they push Michael into a wall.

I finished up and practically ran to Michael. “Are you okay? Who were those guys?”

“I'm fine, I've gotten used to it. That was Rich and Jake. They're just full of themselves.”

“Oh.”

“Don't worry about it, let's just go eat lunch.”

“Okay.”