15. Yours are softer

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry Mr. Valentino. I didn't mean to say anything like that to you. I don't know what came over me when I said that. I crossed my line. I apologise for my behaviour." I felt our comfort line disappearing, which almost made my heart sink. But I just looked at her till she lifted up her head looking for the response she never got.

"Are you still mad at me?" She asked looking up at me, making my breath unstable. The urge to pull her in a passionate kiss was driving me insane, so, I looked away.

"Yes I am." I said looking at the wall lamp near the sofa, right adjacent to the window.

"I'm sorry, I seriously-"

"Compensate me."

I interrupted and she looked at me with her eyes opened wide,

"Have a drink with me."

I said, she tilted her head with her eyes quickly falling on the bottle behind me on the table. Her lips pursed in a sweet smile and she nodded enthusiastically.

>>>>

The room was silent yet her laugh filled the ambience with an unexplainable glow. She was drunk, very drunk actually. The unwavering thought of her losing control was very precise. Though I was impressed by her alcohol intake capacity, seeing how it took about three-fourth of the bottle in her system to lose consciousness. If I were to say I love her, she would just giggle about it without remembering a single word.

But I was still cautious.

I was sitting adjacent to her on the rug, with my back rested on the front skirt of the sofa. Her hair covered her face, and the thought of the delicate serenity of her existence always leaving me in awe was all my mind revolved around. She was burning when I placed the back of my hand on her cheek and I immediately took away the glass from her hand.

"Give me tha-t glass, Mr. Valentino." She said, trying to reach for the glass. I quickly raised it above her reach, taking it behind my head on the sofa.

She almost crawled over me with her left hand on my shoulder, leaning forward. Her neck was inches away from my lips and I could smell her perfume mixed with the scent of alcohol. My heartbeat losing its balance with the close reach to her skin was making me go crazy. It was getting harder to not lose patience and hold her.

"Chloe no!" I managed to say keeping the glass away from her. Obviously, her small hands couldn't compete with my long ones. She accepted her defeat sitting back on the rug making a baby face with her upper lip inside while jutting her bottom lip out.

"Wow, okay I'm going to kiss you." I mumble under my breath in an inaudible voice. She wouldn't hear or remember it anyways; I thought to myself.

"Please give it back." She asked sweetly. I made a fist bump, pressing my fingers hard, trying my best to control myself, which was getting harder as every second passed.

"No, you've had enough. No more alcohol." I said staring at her while her eyes were fixated on me.

Oh, her eyes, that gaze was enough to make me surrender.

She was mesmerizing, every single inch of her existence made me lose my mind. She was swaying lightly, unbalanced, she couldn't even sit properly. She suddenly looked sad, as if falling into a deep thought. I studied her expression before realising, diamond like tears were forming in her eyes, ready to flow down her chin. A part inside me shattered and I held her face in my hands immediately.

"Chloe, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?" She closed her eyes and a pearl escaped her eyes making my heart sink. I regretted taking the glass from her.