Chapter 56

A/N: I've figured out why I'm in such a good mood: Today, the twenty-fourth, is my wife and I's 5 year anniversary. So I'm giving you Readers another chapter. It's 2 A.M. and I will push this out before falling asleep. 

Damon:

As soon as I walked into Headquarters, I walked straight to my rooms. Everyone I passed gave some form of acknowledgement as I passed but I honestly ignored it all. 

That man was extremely close to not making it out of Gluttony alive nor in one piece for that matter. He had the audacity to try and swindle me after I had already said that contracts had been written up prior. Such an insufferable idiot. There was no way to fake a magical contract, since that is what it was, which meant that my contracts were binding where as his weren't. 

No wonder he only had the one business venture. He clearly had no idea how to manage things or even properly swindle others. A grin split my face at the thought of what happened. 

~Flashback~ 

"You've already written up contracts," he paused in shock before the emotion shuttered and he continued, "Mr. Caro, I apologize for being the bearer of bad news but all 12 have already made binding contracts with Khyra Auction and therefore any contracts you may have signed are null and void."

He gave me a fake sympathetic look before continuing, "I'd be happy to allow my contractors write out a temporary contract as long as we can come to an agreement on any income received."

There it was again. This idiotic man was trying to swindle me of money for what felt like the hundredth time. How in the world did Lily think breeding with such stupidity would be sensible?

I glared at him and the killing intent seemed to saturate the air around us before saying, "I believe you're mistaken Mr. Khyra. My contracts take precedence since they were magically binding. Had there been another magic binding contract already in existence, it would've been rejected as well as a magical backlash on the perpetrator," I took the last bite of my food before washing it down with the glass of water, "As it stands, you've got nothing of value, you've tried to manipulate my hard earned money and contracts out of me on numerous occasions, and I don't like your face. Thus, this meeting is concluded. I give my regards on having a business crumble around your ears."

With that I stood up, set down the payment for my meal and walked out on the stunned man; before I did something I'd regret later.

Flashback End

Not like I'd regret killing him but dying is easy; to easy for him in my opinion. It would be much more fun to drag out the guy's misery. 

There was a knock on my private rooms' door and surprisingly Taki walked in. I'd thought he would be busy with Vincent. 

"Is there something the matter?"

Taki turned his head slightly as if wondering why I'd asked, which made the onyx earring catch the light. As long as I've known him, he has always worn those earrings; they reeked of Demonic Magic.

"You've gotten another letter from Miss Helena's sperm donor," he said with slight amusement. 

He handed over the letter he held in his hands. I raised an eyebrow at the emotion he was giving off. It was unusual for him to find anything amusing and I rather doubted the disgusting swine could invoke the type of emotion from my top Assassin. 

Opening it up, I skimmed a bit and could vaguely guess why. My eyes darkened. 

Xavier Caro

Fushigina Auction House Owner

Mr. Caro, it is unfortunate that our meeting was not to your liking. If I had at all offended you I apologize. It would seem that the offer I laid out may have been an unfortunate business transaction. You are a young and healthy male in your own right, as well as wealthy I can only guess, and as such I believe you'd have an excessive amount of energy. If it would please you, I have a beautiful daughter that you may take as a wife or even a concubine. This offer can even be taken as merely a tool to warm your bed. I'm aware that I have another daughter as well so if onyx hair isn't to your liking, mayhaps pink? 

Do know that this offer is merely to possibly schedule another meeting to go over the details again. It isn't a contract or even set in stone so you need not worry about any stipulations. If the offer is acceptable I'll need to be made aware in order to get everything settled. 

Best Regards, 

Rhynon Khyra

I growled as my killing intent flooded the room. He knew that Helena had pink hair?! That could only mean that he has kept tabs on Lily. How did he know information about them but not me? This was frustrating not knowing how he came across this information. 

"Does he have a network?! Who here allowed information to be leaked out?"

"After going through the letter and coming across that information about Lily's child I went to our information network quarters. It would seem that one of the lower rung members was strapped for cash and took the job even though it was black listed."

"Who? Where is this person?!"

Taki turned and left the room before coming back in with another male. It was one of the lower Star Users that were a part of the Organization. He was more of a 'muscle head' and would probably not do well with Assassination Jobs. Which made sense that he worked in the Information Department. 

His brown hair was a messy mop that reminded me more of clumps of shit than actual hair. My moue of disgust made him narrow his eyes at me which I returned with an arched brow. 

"Name?"

"Why should'a answuh you?"

Taki grabbed his arm and twisted it high behind his back, bringing him to his knees in a shout of pain. 

"Name?"

"Muh name is Mark! Mark Stenning!" It didn't take a lot of 'convincing' for him to give it up. Taki released a bit but kept him with one arm behind his back and on his knees. 

"Why did you take a blacklisted job when it was distinctly forbidden?"

"I dunno wuh ya talkin bout."

Taki applied pressure again when I gave him a droll look. 

"It'as Minny! She'suh told me she'd sweeten the deal!" 

Minny. How'd I not find this surprising? The chit has disliked my sister ever since she found out that Lily was the only woman I cared for. I'd have to be blind or an idiot to not know how jealous Minny was of Lily. Which is exactly why I tried to keep her away from knowing where I reside when away from Headquarters. 

I gave a signal to Taki which he immediately complied with. Mark's head toppled to the carpet and I couldn't help but mourn the white flooring. That plan hadn't been thought through completely before I gave the signal. Now who would clean the blood from the carpet? I sighed in morose. 

"It would seem that Minny needs to be taught a lesson. Taki, please have Cino take Minny into the Punishment Hall. She's to enjoy the pleasures within for two weeks."

Taki gave me a feral grin, "I'm sure Cino will be most pleased, Master."