Chapter 8

A/N: Honestly, I'm not too sure about this but I'm going along with it anyways. 

Nathaniel:

Hard stone floor surrounded me on all sides, reminding me that I was in hell. How many years has it been? My body was close to breaking. Right now, I didn't feel that I could move a single muscle. 

There was a noise. My only wish was that they hadn't come back to continue. If they had, I just wanted them to finally end this existence. 

I kept my eyes shut waiting for the inevitable but instead I heard the chains on my body being messed with. If I could've, I'd have shifted away from who ever it was but all my strength had left me. 

"I've got medicine," the sound of a child's voice was heard in the dark, "It'll help a bit with the injuries. I'm going to help you get out of here."

His voice was rather monotone or dead. As if he'd seen too many of such horrors. 

I didn't care though. Either this child was messing with him and he'd be dead or he's telling the truth and he'd finally be free. 

~Time Skip~

"Here's some bread. It's the only thing I have," the black haired boy spoke up from beside me. We had just crawled through what could be assumed was a rabbit's hole to escape the hell. 

I snatched it out of his hand; afraid he'd change his mind, I turned and begun running through the tree filled path. 

(Not much of a 'Dirt Path' in this specific land. Mostly water, trees, grass&flowers, and if there's human's occupying the area; paved ways made of solidifying earth with metals.)

I'd been running and stumbling blindly; not noticing others who were glancing at me with shock. After what felt like a mere second, I had lost all my strength but during that time I'd caught the smell of Medicine and subconsciously made my way towards it. 

It had been a losing battle as my vision had blurred as soon as I crossed into the Shop. As I'd accepted my fate and waited for the floor to welcome my face, suddenly warm arms held me. 

Looking up, I just barely took notice of her bright blue and pink eyes that were actually filled with worry and... horror?

I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

Later

In my sleep I imagined what it would be like for me to have a mother who had cared and loved me. Warm and gentle hands took care of me and I wasn't sure if I wanted it to last forever or wanted to dismember the person. 

My magic had been weakened with drugs and even in sleep it left me lethargic. I'd finally realized that the hands on me were very much real but my eyes refused to open at the moment. 

I'd begun to panic but suddenly the hands stopped and I could finally open my eyes as if a spell had been unleashed. 

When I saw the beautiful woman so close to me and with her breast on my arm I automatically stiffened before hurriedly moving away from her. I regretted it a bit after noticing her saddened face but shook it off; not letting my guard down. This could be just another person who would pretend to pity and care for me, giving me hope but only to tear all of it away.

"Why'd you bring me here, lady?"

My question came out really rude and accusatory but there was no helping it. 

"This is a healing drink. It'll help regain your strength and close the wounds on you," she'd spoken gently as she held out a cup. 

So she was just like those people.