Chapter 16

Another day passed, I heard nothing else from Romeo and it would probably stay like that until tomorrow.

Night went by and the sun came up. The day went by without any problems. Romeo didn't acknowledge  me and I didn't acknowledge him, it was just like before my birthday, we acted indifferent towards one another. But now it was different, to everybody else we may look indifferent but once in a while we shared looks with one another, the moments were brief, just long enough for the other to know we saw them, that we craved each other company.

The hot topic of the day at school was, as expected, Elaine and her attack, both werewolves and humans were discussing it, and I played extra attention to everybody else around me today, especially the humans, if Clay really did have something to do with Elaine's attack then that means the hunters had people  in the school, probably teenagers they recruited for their cause.

When the bell rang indicating the end of class, I told everybody me and Cas had some pack issues that needed to be solved so they could go on without us. Nobody suspected our excuse because we usually do just that, but today the lie was necessary.

We decided to take the car to a location near the cabin so not to attract any unwanted attention. The school still had a lot of humans and it would be weird if they saw me and Cas walking into the woods and not coming out.

We leave the car in a hidden spot and we walk the rest of the way. As we were getting closer, we can see Romeo and Julius were already waiting for us. I stop directly in front of Romeo not resisting lifting my lips upward in a small smile.

"You came" I said not really surprised just playing my part

"Told you I would" he responded

"I'm glad. There are many things that we need to discuss." I say "I take it he has filled you in on the situation?" I ask Julius looking directly at him

He nods. I could tell he didn't agree with our meeting and was only here for his alpha.

"Let's go inside then" I suggest.

Everybody followed my suggestion and one by one we occupied the cabin. It wasn't a very big cabin, in total it had three divisions. The bedroom, the kitchen and the living room. We placed ourselves around what seem the be the dinning table, no one of us sitting down.

"We are here as you asked, now tell us...what is on that pretty mind of yours?" Romeo asks. I knew he was only playing his part but does he has to be such a jackass?

"Everybody in this room knows about the latest problems both packs have been facing" I start to which Julius just chuckled

"Do you have anything to say Julius?" I ask annoyed

"Yeah as a matter of fact I do" he says "So far the only person that was attacked was from our pack, so I don't see how your precious pack has had problems, has you so kindly put it." he says

"Just because someone from our pack hasn't been trough what Elaine has doesn't mean that's never going to happen. It's my duty has the Alpha to safeguard my people from any arm, and that means trying to stop the danger before he gets to them" I explained "So as I so kindly said both packs have a common problem that requires our immediate response."

He said nothing after that. Just a pity because I was dying to put my foot up his ass if he ever dares question my motives ever again. Who knew being friendly with the Montague's would require such patience?

"So far they attacked Elaine, we need to find out why they target her of all people" I started

"For starters she was an easy target" Cas said