Chapter 8

I run with the rhythm of the music bursting trough my headphones.

Jogging has as always helped me clear my head and get my thoughts in order. What Joanna had told me really stuck in my mind. I still wasn't a hundred percent certain that Romeo was my so called mate, even if the odds are pilling up in favor to him but what Joanna had said about changing the way I treat the Montague's was wright.

Both packs have always been in war with each other, every member was dragged into this dispute without having a say in it. Many may have lost friends and family because of this division and trough the generations everybody just seemed to go along with it and do nothing to change it. But that time is over. Sometimes it only takes one action, no matter how small to change the course of history.

Feeling content with my decision I compliment the people from my pack that pass trough me and I let the music overcome my senses. After a while as my breathing becomes short and rapid and I start to slow down thinking about buying a bottle of water, as I slow down I notice an argument going down between a couple approximately my age and I can't help but stick around and see what it was about.

I remove my headphones and crunch down behind a car. Why am I hiding, you wonder? Well I recognize the girl as being a apart of the Montague's Pack and I wouldn't want her to think I am eavesdropping, even though I am.

I didn't have to listen long to their argument to discover what was happening. The guy, who was human, was freaking out because the girl had told him the truth about what she was, a werewolf. This was something that was against the law of the pack, if one wished to tell a human about our world they would have to ask permission to the Alpha and he himself or an associate would have to be in the room with them when the truth is revealed.

When humans can't process the information given to them, then they are given a tonic that erases their memory and the werewolf who had petition for telling the truth is warn to cut all ties with the human. This girl had clearly broken the rules since there was no one going after the human and the look of panic on her face reveals it all.

The guy was starting to attract attention with his words, I had no other choice but to step in. I step out of my hiding spot and I approach him carefully.

"Hello" I say giving him my sweetest smile "Are you okay?"

The girl was looking at me with fright in her eyes. The guy looks at me as if I was an alien but then recognition shines in his eyes.

"You!" he says pointing at me "You're one of them!" he yells taking a few steps away from me

"One of whom? You don't seem to be very well...maybe it's best if you calm down and get inside." I suggest

"N..nn..noo!" he stutters he was clearly frightened

"Clay please..." the girlfriend pleads "...just let me explain..."

"Monsters!" he starts yelling "Monsters!"

"Clay! Calm yourself and step inside the house!" I command using my "alpha voice", not even a human would there go against that command. As expected he stops yelling and as if in a daze he walks inside the house. I look around and see that he had managed to attract a crowd, most of them being humans.

"I apologize for my friend. Unfortunately he has fallen to the addiction of drugs and he was having hallucinations." I explain and the people seemed to believe my excuse.

I step inside the girl's home and see Clay sitting on the couch with a tense posture. When I walk in he immediately looks at me and he tenses even more, if that is possible.

"What did you do to me?" he asks pretending to be tough when I could smell his fear from a mile away.

"I apologize for that, but it was necessary. We can't have a human shouting out to the world that werewolves exist, now can we?"