{6} An Old Friend

Okily dokily, neighborinos.

Schools almost over so once finals are done and summer starts, I'll update more often.

Kk, chapter six

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or HELPFUL criticism, please feel free to message me.

enjoy!

______________

The fog ended after a few hours, just as Kaia had said. She walked outside of the cave to make sure it was safe, then she went back inside for Bellamy. She didn't want him putting pressure on his leg, so she was his crutch as they walked.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"I'm taking you home," she simply replied.

They continued to walk through the forest until they got to the wall of the 100's camp.

"No ones on guard," Bellamy muttered. He hobbled over to the gate and tried to open it. "Locked."

"Wait here," Kaia said.

She then began to climb up the nearest tree. Eventually she found a sturdy branch, and without any hesitation, she jumped off the branch and landed on the opposite side of the wall. She unlocked the gate and helped Bellamy inside, closing the gate behind them. Just then, people began to flood out of their tents and the drop ship. The air tensed when they realized there was a Grounder in their camp.

"Bellamy!" Octavia exclaimed when she saw her brother. Her face dropped when she saw who was next to him.

"Hello," Kaia said, trying to relieve the tension.

"Let him go," a random boy said. He picked up his gun and aimed it at her.

Just then, Clarke walked out of the drop ship. She put her hand on the boys gun and he reluctantly lowered it.

"How did you get in here?" she asked.

"Your wall has some flaws," Kaia replied. There was a moment of uncomfortable silence.

Then Bellamy shouted, "Get back to work!" and everyone began to do something productive. Bellamy limped to the drop ship with the help of Kaia, and Clarke and Octavia followed behind them.

Once inside, Bellamy sat down on the nearest bed with a groan. His leg and arm were sore.

"Who the hell is she?" Octavia immediately asked him.

"And why is she here?" Clarke added.

Bellamy explained how he was wounded while returning to camp, and that she had taken care of him while they took cover in a cave for the past week.

"Are you a doctor?" Clarke asked the Grounder.

"The best healer you'll find," she replied.

"We could use another doctor," she muttered. "What's your name?"

"Kaia. Yours?"

"Clarke."

"Glad we're all getting along," Bellamy said monotonously.

"You look pale," the Grounder said. She inspected his face, then noticed that his lips were chapped. "He's dehydrated."

"I'll get him some water," Octavia said, then she left. It was quiet. An awkward quiet.

Eventually Kaia said, "I know you think I'm just a savage, but I'm not like the other warriors. I want to help you."

"Why do you want to help us?" Clarke asked suspiciously.