{16} Her Second

I need you guys to tell me which cover you like most. I'm not updating until y'all help me find a new cover, 'cause last time I tried this, no one helped...

Please and thank you.

__________________

"Everyone, eyes peeled." Bellamy ordered as they ran through the trees. "We're in Grounder territory."

"Everything is Grounder territory, alright," Murphy sneered. "I can't keep running. We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

"Keep moving." Finn growled, grabbing by the shirt and starting to drag him along.

"We can give him a minute." Bellamy said, stopping him.

"No, we can't. You heard what that Grounder said. 'They'll outlive their usefulness.'"

"I heard what he said when you had a gun to his head."

"Look," Finn said. "You think I wanted to do that? He would've told his people we're coming. And by the time we got there, our people would be dead. Maybe that's something you can live with but I can't!"

"You did what you think you had to do," Bellamy replied. "But you are not yourself right now. And I can't be out here with another loose cannon."

"Guys!" Kaia called back to them from farther ahead on the path where she stood. She solemnly looked around at the dead bodies that lay on the ground around them. The rest of the group continued walking, looking at the dead bodies as they went.

"Where the hell did they come from?" Murphy muttered.

"From the Ark." Bellamy replied.

They continued walking, Kaia leading. She was the best at spotting movement in the trees. As they continued walking, chunks of metal became scattered on the ground along with the dead bodies. They came to a clearing that dropped off. They walked over to the cliff, where they all stared down at the scene before them.

A huge metal building, similar to the one back at Camp Jaha, was crashed into the side of the cliff. Trees were bent and broken. Rubble, debris and dead people were scattered everywhere.

"That's a rough landing." Murphy mumbled. They continued to stare at the wreckage until Bellamy and Finn shared a look that said they needed to get going.

"There's nothing we can do for this people." Bellamy said. "We gotta go."

They started to walk away when they heard a cry in the distance.

"Did you hear that?" Murphy asked.

They looked down the cliff to see a girl around their age clinging to a branch on the side of the cliff.

"Hey! Up here!" Bellamy shouted to them.

"Please help me!" she cried back.

"Mel?" Sterling yelled.

"Help me!"

"You know her?" Murphy asked.

"Shut up, Murphy, she's my friend." Sterling replied. "We have to do something."

"Help me!" she cried again. "Sterling, please!"

Sterling grabbed a bundle of rope from his bag while Finn and Bellamy argued in hushed voiced. He tied the rope around a rock and began lowering himself down the cliff.

"We, it looks like we're taking that break after all, huh?" Murphy joked.

They watched as Sterling continued to lower himself down the cliff side.