{11} The Coward

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or HELPFUL criticism, please feel free to message me.

enjoy!

________

Kaia stared at Bellamy, wide-eyed and panicked, hoping he had a plan. He avoided her gaze and dragged the metal stool under the noose as he was told.

"Stand on it," Murphy said quietly, his gun relaxed but still close to Kaia. Bellamy got up on the stool, glancing morosely at the noose. "Put it over your head."

Kaia pulled her face up to her hands where they were tied and ripped the gag from her mouth.

"Bellamy, no, don't listen to him!"

"Shut up!" Murphy threateningly pushed the tip of the gun against her forehead. She flinched away, her eyes shut in fear. "Put it over your head." he ordered.

"This is insane," he said. "The Grounders are-"

Murphy closed his eyes and shot at Kaia. The bullet hit her upper arm, and she screamed out in surprise. The pain set in immediately, and blood spurted out of the wound.

Bellamy hurriedly pulled the noose around his head.

"Happy now?" he said, a hint of panic in his voice. Murphy twirled the end of the make-shift rope around his wrist and pulled slightly. Bellamy reached one hand for his neck and the other for the rope above his head.

"You're so brave, aren't you?" Murphy said cynically. "I mean, you came in here thinking you were just gonna turn this whole thing around, that you were stronger than me, that maybe one of your friends would come and help you. Well what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hm?"

Murphy dropped the gun to his side and pulled on the rope with both hands, making Bellamy strain to stay rooted to the stool.

Only one thing was on Kaia's mind at that moment; she had to save Bellamy. It was clear he wasn't going to be able to do it himself, so she searched around her with her eyes, hoping to find something that would cut her restraints.

"You know, I gotta hand it to you, Bellamy," Murphy said after he tied the make-shift rope tight and picked up his gun again. "You got 'em all fooled. They actually look up to you, almost as much as they look up to Clarke. Yeah, but we know the truth, don't we?"

As Murphy continued to taunt Bellamy, Kaia remembered she kept a small pocket knife in her boot. She slowly brought her foot up to her hands and managed to pull out the knife. She then quietly began sawing at her ropes.

"You're a coward," Murphy continued. "I learned that the day you kicked out the crate from beneath me. Isn't that what you said? That you were just giving the people what they wanted, right?"

"I should've stopped them." Bellamy muttered. Using his peripheral vision, he could see Kaia trying to escape. He hoped she'd cut the rope in time.

"Yeah, it's a little late for that now."

"How does this end for you and me? You think they're just gonna let you walk out of here?" Bellamy stalled.

"Well," Murphy replied casually. "I think the Princess is dead, and I know the King's about to die , so who's gonna lead these people, huh? Me, that's who, and yeah, maybe I'll have to kill your Grounder-pounding little sister-"

Bellamy kicked his legs out at him, growling in aggression. Murphy leaped over and leaned his body on the taught rope, pulling Bellamy off the stool and slightly into the air.

A shriek sounded from below them, causing everyone to stop what they were doing.

"I'm guessing that's her right now," Murphy sneered. He pulled his gun from his side and began shooting at the holes in the floor. Bellamy shouted to try and stop him, but Murphy just turned and kicked the stool out from under him.

Bellamy dangled in the air, gagging as the noose tightened around his neck. Kaia sawed faster at the ropes around her wrists.

"Using your hands is a cheat," Murphy growled, lunging at Bellamy. "Mine were bound, remember!"

Bellamy swung his fist out and punch him across the face. Murphy got up and rammed the bottom of his gun into Bellamy's gut and side, weakening him. Then, just as Kaia ripped her wrists free from the ropes, the drop ship doors began to open.

"Raven, you did it!" someone outside yelled.

Kaia raced towards Bellamy to help him, but Murphy punched her in the face. Her vision was blurry and nose was pouring blood into her mouth and down her front. Murphy threw her over his shoulder and rushed up the ladder, just as Octavia and Jasper ran in to help Bellamy. Murphy closed the hatch and barricaded it, locking him and Kaia in.

"Bell, hold on!" Kaia faintly heard from below. As her vision began to clear, she saw Murphy frantically searching through buckets for ammunition.

"Come on!" he shouted, throwing one out of the way. Kaia started crawling away from him while looking around her for a weapon.

"Murphy!" the hoarse voice of Bellamy yelled from downstairs. "Murphy! It's over! Give it up!"

The hatch began to rattle as Bellamy tried to get onto the level. Murphy loaded two bullets into his gun and locked eyes with Kaia.

"I'd be careful if I were you, Bellamy!" Murphy shouted in reply. "I have your Grounder girlfriend up here! One wrong move and I'll kill her!"

There was a shout of frustration from below. Murphy pointed his gun at Kaia.

"You stay there," he said. He turned and began spreading gun powder on the wall, occasionally glancing at her.

Every time his back was turned, Kaia would inch closer and closer to the hatch. Her heart was beating so fast, she thought it would burst out of her chest. When she felt she was close enough, she lunged for the hatch, but she was still a few feet away.

Murphy heard her scrambling to get to the hatch, turned, and shot her. Then a second gunshot, and immediately after, a roaring blast shook the drop ship.

As the smoke began to clear, Kaia lay on the cold floor, clutching her blood-soaked abdomen and struggling to stay alive.

The Grounder (The 100 FanFiction) {DISCONTINUED}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara