{10} Revenge

Sorry it's been a while. School's my top priority. But it's almost over!! Woo hoo!

Hooray for reaching 100 votes!!

*We Are the Grounders Part 1*

If you have any questions, comments, complaints, concerns, or HELPFUL criticism, please feel free to message me.

enjoy!
_______

Kaia was lonely. She wasn't aware of anything that was happening outside of the drop ship. Bellamy would only allow himself or Octavia into her little prison cell, however, Bellamy was always busy leading his people. Unable to do it herself, Kaia had to instruct Octavia on how to stitch up the axe wound on the Grounder's leg. Other than those few brief social interactions, Kaia was left with her thoughts.

Nothing felt real to her. She expected herself to wake up like it was all a bad dream, but it wasn't. Sam was dead. Her best friend, the closest she had to family, was gone. She felt like her soul died again and again every time it dawned on her. She was alone. Her grandparents, parents, her brother, and now her best friend. All gone.

Bellamy opened the hatch and began releasing Kaia from her chains.

"What are you doing?" she muttered. He wouldn't look her in the eye.

"Someone's hurt," he said shortly.

"And where's Clarke?" With her hands now freed, she rubbed her bruised and aching wrists.

"She was captured."

Bellamy released her ankles from the chains. He turned to leave, but Kaia grabbed his sleeve. He turned to her, but continued to stare at the ground. He pulled her hand from his arm and started down the ladder.

He was ashamed and confused. He slept with Raven. He couldn't face Kaia, even though it meant nothing. He didn't understand why he felt so guilty; Kaia was a Grounder. He didn't care about her. He couldn't.

"That's Miles," Bellamy said as they arrived on the first level of the drop ship. He gestured to a boy groaning on a make-shift bed. He had an arrow stuck in his chest and another in his leg. "He was attacked by a Grounder."

Kaia moved close to Miles and inspected his wounds. He squinted open his eyes when he felt her next to him.

"Get off me!" he shouted, panicked. He shoved her away, searching around him for a weapon.

"Miles!" Bellamy yelled, trying to get him to calm down. "Miles, stop!"

"It's a Grounder! Get away from me! Kill her, Bellam-"

Bellamy grabbed the thrashing boy by the shirt and punched him across the face. Miles slumped down, unconscious.

"Just fix him." Bellamy growled, then left.

***

After tending to Miles's wounds, Kaia sat silently in a dark corner of the room, so she could help him if needed and also stay a comfortable distance from him. Miles lay moaning in pain, because he refused to take any medicine from Kaia.

Bellamy stood in the middle of the room, hunched over a miniature model of the camp, when Jasper walked in the drop ship. He didn't notice Kaia hidden in the corner. The two boys stared at each other for a moment.

"Don't you think I want to go after them too?" Bellamy said to him. Jasper sighed.

"If it was you out there," he replied. "You think Monty, Clarke or Finn would hide behind these walls?"

Bellamy stepped closer to him. "No, they'd go after me, then they'd be dead too. I'm doing what I think is right for the group."

Jasper walked past him and placed his gun down on the table.

"It's funny, you didn't think that way when Octavia went missing." he grumbled, moving for the ladder.

"Where you going?"

"More gun powder for your mine field, sir." Jasper mocked, his hand on his forehead in a salut to Bellamy. He climbed up the ladder as Miles's groans became louder.

"Water," he moaned hoarsely. "Please."

Kaia started to get up when Bellamy put his hand out to stop her.

"I'll get him some," he said, then left the drop ship. She replaced herself in the corner and leaned her head against the wall, closing her eyes. It felt good to sit and relax after all she had been through. She was tired.

She heard someone enter the drop ship, and figured it was just Bellamy with the water. After a few seconds, she heard what sounded like a bag rustling, then Miles began to make muffled shouts.

Kaia's eyes flew open, and she saw Murphy towering over the injured boy, holding plastic over Miles's face.

"This is for tying the noose that they hung me with," Murphy said to the struggling boy. Kaia was frozen. Images of Sam's dead body lying on the ground kept popping up in her mind, preventing her from thinking. "Say hi to Connor for me."

Kaia felt her legs spring to life, and suddenly she was on her feet and running to help Miles.

"Hey! Get off him!" she yelled, pushing at Murphy, but he was too strong. Her advances her useless, and after a few moments, Miles stopped moving. She backed away, her mind trying to process what just happened.

"You should've minded your own business, Grounder Bitch." Murphy threatened.

Kaia launched herself at Jasper's gun, but Murphy had much longer legs than her. He ripped the weapon from her loose grip and smashed the butt of the gun into her face. She fell to the ground just as she heard angry shouts from above her. She saw a pair of boots land on the floor in front of her face, but then everything went black.

***

Kaia awoke, gagged and tied to a chair on the drop ship. Her eyes were blurry and mind was fuzzy.

"You open the door," she heard a familiar yet static-sounding voice speak. "I walk in, Kaia and Jasper walk out."

After a moment, the drop ship shuddered to life, and the door began to lower open.

"Just you Bellamy!" Murphy shouted, roughly grabbing Kaia by the hair and moving her towards the door. "Unarmed! Ten seconds or I'll blow one in Jasper's leg!"

Kaia tried to push away from him, but her hands were tied behind her back. Jasper glanced over at her, Murphy's gun aimed at his back.

"One!" Murphy began counting. "Two! Three! Four! Five!"

"I'm here!" Bellamy's voice sounded from behind the curtain on the door. The curtain was thrown to the side and Bellamy stepped onto the drop ship. Murphy paused, then kicked Jasper in the back, sending him falling down the ramp. He then quickly closed the drop ship door once again.

"What the hell are you doing?" Bellamy growled. "We had a deal; she goes too!"

Murphy gave a wicked grin.

"I changed my mind."

***

Kaia sat tied to the wall of the drop ship, her hands above her head.

"Tie those two ends together," Murphy said to Bellamy, his gun pointed at Kaia. Bellamy reluctantly did as he was told. "Alright, now get up and toss it over."

As Bellamy got up and threw the tied-together seat belts over a beam, Kaia searched around her for something to cut the rope around her wrists.

"What do you want me to say?" he said gruffly. "You want me to apologize? I'm-"

He took a step forward, and Murphy pushed the tip of the gun right up against Kaia's head. Bellamy immediately stepped back, his hands slightly in the air.

"-I'm sorry."

Murphy grinned.

"You got it all wrong, Bellamy. I don't want you to say anything. I want you to feel what I felt, and then... then I want you to die."

He looked down at Kaia, who eyes were widened in fear.

"And I want her to watch."

The Grounder (The 100 FanFiction) {DISCONTINUED}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara