The Prefect's Bath

Hermione Granger walked into the Prefect's bath and checked all the stalls for privacy; she was alone and put the placard up on the door noting that it was occupied.

She disrobed and walked to the faucet to run her bath when she heard a quiet moan coming from one of the stalls. She turned her head and stared in the direction of the noise. "Hello?"

She head the moan again, and pulled her robe over her arms and secured the robe with the fabric belt. She ventured closer. "Hello? Who's there?"

"Sorry, what?"

"I've just checked the stalls and no one was in there a second ago. How did you get in here?"

"You're not going to believe me."

"Try me," she said. She withdrew her wand and opened the door. "Who are you and what are you doing here?"

Remus looked over at the clothing on the bench by the massive tub and saw the Gryffindor tie. "I'm in Gryffindor as well," he said. "I'm the sixth year Prefect."

"No you're not."

"But I am, I assure you," he said quietly. "Where am I?"

She looked hard at him hard and she noticed his eyes and really listened to his voice. "What's your name?"

"Remus. Remus Lupin."

She shook her head and lifted her wand to his face. "That's not possible. Remus Lupin is in, where I can't tell you where he is at the moment."

Remus' face lit up. "I actually get back! Excellent!" He rose to stand, only to fall back down again. It was then that she saw a cut at his right temple.

"You get back?"

Remus held his hand to his head. "Yeah."

"Oh my god, you're hurt!" She lowered her wand and crossed the few meters to him and knelt  down before him and it was then that she noticed the time turner. "Ohhh. I understand now." She smiled finally and moved to lift him up. "Come with me."

"Where are we going?"

"To Dumbledore of course."

"Yes," he whispered. "Dumbledore! He'll know exactly the proper course of action!"

Hermione smiled as she looked up into his eyes. "I think he would. Can you walk?"

"I dunno?"

"Well, let's see?"

She circled her arm around his waist and told him to lean on her for support and he chuckled. "You remind me of my best girl friend. Well, she's not my girlfriend, she's a girl and she's a friend..."

Hermione nodded and smiled. "I understand."

"Erm, if you please? I don't mean to sound indelicate, but are you going to go out into the corridors dressed like that? I mean, surely you'll be hounded for days...I know that if Padfoot were to see you like that, he'd be on you like white on rice..."

"Sirius Black?" She giggled. "I rather doubt that."

He looked into her brown eyes. "Oh my god. You know me. The adult me!"

She smiled and nodded. "Yes I do. You and Professor McGonagall are probably tied for being my very favorite Professors ever..."

And at the moment, her eyes grew large and she realized her mistake.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," she whispered.

Remus eyes filled up and his lower lip quivered. "I'm a teacher here?"