The Kingdom of the Air had been taking down kingdoms one by one for decades now. But that was when four kingdoms had united and taken down the Kingdom of Air altogether. These four kingdoms had joined forces and created a civilization just at the base of this mountain we lived near. The forest that surrounded us, was the borders of this kingdom.

The four united kingdoms soon called themselves the Kingdom of stars. They had a signature symbol which was a four pointed star with a rose in the center. Although they had a strong army, there were still many who had the potential of wiping them out altogether.

Now the four of us relied on each other for support as we had to try and survive without help from others.

Knocking on the door to the cottage, I grabbed hold of the box from Dawn's hands so she wouldn't have to carry it any longer. She thanked me and rubbed her wrists. The door didn't open so we let ourselves in.

"I guess May and Leaf aren't back from town yet." I stated looking around the empty building.

"I just hope they're alright." Dawn said worriedly.

3rd person

"I chased after two girls who ran off into the forest with our food. They must've taken shelter somewhere there..." A soldier spoke to his King.

"Alright. We send a search party at sunhigh and we clear out the forest for any inhabitants. If you do find them, bring them here immediately. I will see to them myself." The King ordered.

"Of course my King." The soldier bowed and walked out of the room.

"Bring the others here." The king ordered a maid.

"Right away sir." She hurried off not wanting to be in the presence of the King any longer.

A few moments later, she came back with two other men and a woman behind her. All had crowns on their heads and a star engraved on the front.

"King Cilan, you called for us." The one with spiky brown hair said.

"What did I tell you about being formal when we're alone, Blue. We have some matters to discuss. Reggie, Delia, come here." King Cilan beckoned them.

Leaf's POV

The town was busy today. We had just separated from Misty and Dawn in attempt to earning some extra change so we could buy some supplies that we urgently needed.

"May, over there." I told to her as we slipped the crowd silently.

We walked into a bakery that was empty. They were just closing but there was no one inside.

"Where are the employees?" May whispered.

"No idea. We shouldn't be stealing cash... plus there could be someone watching us anyway. This does seem oddly suspicious." I sighed while whispering to her.

Walking out of the store, we looked around to see if we could sell goodies in exchange for money instead.

"Should we sell the cosmic shard?" May asked me quietly.

"No way! That thing may cost a fortune but it's a precious heirloom from your royal family." I gasped.

"But we're desperate Leaf..." She murmured.

"How about the pearls instead?" I asked her.

"Sure, I do know where we can find more anyway." May agreed.

Walking up to some stalls, we bargained with the shopkeepers and ended up earning quite a bit of money. We cheered quietly in triumph after a good days work and started to head back to the cottage. We were about to enter the forest when we were stopped by soldiers.