Chapter 9

• Dedicated to Jessie

Sorry for not updating much but I honestly can't remember what I've been doing lately. I've been completely out of it. I thought I'd type up a little bit before I go on my three day vaca to Silver Dollar City in Branson MO. It's about three hours away and I go every year with my best friend, Jessie. That's why I'm dedicating this to her. Well....I probably shouldn't be saying that much, so don't come looking for me pervs. THERE ARE going to be MANY twists and turns in this story. I have it all planned out and everything. PLEASE STAY TUNED.

  I woke up to Fabian's face only a couple inches away from mine. I was laying on my right side, resting against a really comfy pillow.

  "Well hello there. What have you been doing?" I asked, laughing at our proximity. I don't know why I found it funny, so don't ask.

  "Been playing video games and reading. The usual," Fabian replied.

  "And you don't get bored?" I asked.

  He shrugged. "I get used to it. Living for centuries on end will do that to you."

  "How old are you? I mean, immortally?"

  "Not telling," he said, a giant grin evident on his lips.

  I was about to reply, but he cut my thoughts off.

  "Let's go to the kitchen. Kelso is an excellent cook but he never gets to show off his skills. That is, until now."

  This time, we walked downstairs at human speed, and I actually got to use my legs for the first time since I've been here. I sat at the bar, and immediately started to devour the eggs and bacon. It tasted like unicorns. MMM.....

  "I can't remember the last time I've eaten..." I said, with my mouth full.

  "You ate a little of that pizza yesterday," Randy said, smirking.

  I laughed. "That was funny."

  Just then, the doorbell rang, and all five of us looked over to it. Fabian looked over to Kelso, who picked me up, and threw me over his shoulder.

  "Hey! What the-" I was cut off by Fabian's hand clasped over my mouth. He was slightly taller than Kelso, and I was leaning donw the length of his back, so Fabian had to bend down a little.

  "Shh," he said, as Kelso began walking. "Trust me."

  I hesitantly shut my mouth, as Kelso zoomed upstairs. That's what I've decided to call vampire speed. Zooming. Seems fitting, right? Before I knew it, we were in a room with vivid yellow furniture, similar to mine and Fabian's (mine being green and Fabian's being red), so I assumed it was Kelso's room. He set me down slowly, my head spinning. I always got dizzy at vampire speed.

  "Kelso, why are we in your room?" I asked.

  "Because," he said frantically, "she thinks my room's gross. It's a girl thing. Now, shh. Slow your heart rate down; it sounds like you're about to explode. Oh, and here." He handed me a bottol of perfume. "Bathe yourself in Miranda's perfume, and hide in the closet." After that, he disappeared, leaving me a hell of a lot confused.

  I did as Kelso said, though I don't know why, and sprayed the purple perfume all over my arms, legs, and neck. Then, I went into the massive closet, and sat behind a rack of clothes. I don't know why I'm doing this. I don't know why I do all the stuff they tell me. I guess I trust them. Weird. I've never trusted anyone in my life. It feels nice to finally have people around you that love you.

  However, I was extremely bored. Massively, utterly, excrutiatingly bored. There was nothing to do. They could have at least given me a book or something. I haven't even gotten the chance to play a guitat since I've been here. Maybe I should just focus on slowing down my heart rate. I still wanted to know why I was hiding though. It had to be Scarlet, the fifth member to their covenant. I do recall Miranda calling her a bitch, but she couldn't be that bad, right? Well, I guess I'm just going to have to wait to find out.